Christian Benteke

Kwan

the irony of you thinking he is going to be great based on a few games is not the same then? A couple of goals against swindon does not make him a world beater. His performances to date for villa and more importantly his key role of finishing has been below par, woeful even at times. No one knows how good he will be despite some claiming like with other things to be in the know. Raw was a word used a lot and that is very apt. Excuse me if i do not put a bet on him winning he world player of the year just yet though as i have put all my betting money on lambert spending millions because thats what my 'source' told me

1. I never said he'd be great.

2. The point was people writing him off was silly, just as people saying he'll be great is also silly. So I'm not disagreeing with your first point.

3. It was a joke anyway.

Even before he scored his goal on Saturday against Norwich I thought he was playing a blinder. After he scored it he got even better... it's such a shame he came off... nothing stuck up front after he did.

Hopefully this is a sign of things to come because although I didn't see the game last night, he was unplayable on Saturday.

Heskey my arse.

Really glad I went along last night to see the lad play. Enjoy him while you can, a player of his quality isnt going to hang around this shower long, destined for big things

Agree with both of these points.

In times when we are not at our best and negativity seems to be the watchword, I think when we do have a bright spark like this we should enjoy it and hopefully try and use it as a catalyst for better things for us.

There is a disturbing undercurrent of trying to be negative though and not seeing the good things, for whatever reason. Maybe just trying to use this as another stick or to have another go at something entirely unrelated who knows

• Like 1

the irony of you thinking he is going to be great based on a few games is not the same then? A couple of goals against swindon does not make him a world beater. His performances to date for villa and more importantly his key role of finishing has been below par, woeful even at times. No one knows how good he will be despite some claiming like with other things to be in the know. Raw was a word used a lot and that is very apt. Excuse me if i do not put a bet on him winning he world player of the year just yet though as i have put all my betting money on lambert spending millions because thats what my 'source' told me

Beat me to it 'drat01.'

A lot of gloating concerning Benteke at the moment. I actually welcome it because one of our players is shoving my opinion of him right back down my throat again. However, smugness can bite right back at you again and I would still like to see how he does against better teams than Norwich or Swindon.

he's only scored 3 but who cares what team he scores against? do we just want a striker who scores against the top 4?

goals are goals

what is more encouraging is that he could have had about 4 more, this lad gets into positions and is a threat

he has contributed so much more than Bent this season in his all round play who some hail as our best player

im not calling him a world beater but he is definaitely good enough for where we are as a club at the moment

top 8 player IMO

• Like 1

Gloating? Villa fans happy that a 21-year old Villa player won us a game with two goals.

No mate i wasn't referring to that. Please look at comments on previous page and one in which i have quoted above.

No mate i wasn't referring to that. Please look at comments on previous page and one in which i have quoted below.

Morpheus you display a strange 'Morpheus against the world' attitude. I bet a part of you was a little annoyed at Benteke winning us the game yesterday. It's best to enjoy these rare wins.

I think what a lot of us said early on was that it was encouraging to see Benteke getting into scoring positions, but disappointing to see him fluffing his finishes.

The optimistic amongst us said he may well improve his finishing once he settled in and got more confidence.

I hope that his recent form is evidence that maybe that is improving. A finish is a finish whether it's against Swindon or against Manchester United.

If he can consistently finish chances form the positions he gets himself into then he'll be a very good signing, imo. Time will tell.

Its almost like some people want Benteke to become a flop

Well it's VT. If a player the doom mongers predicted would flop turns out to be great that's one less thing for them to moan about. Now I'm not saying Benteke is great but he certainly has got off to a good start to his Villa career.

The irony from someone who states he doesn't use sarcasm. :clap:

That wasn't sarcasm.

Need to get him to sign a new deal in the summer.

It's a bit depressing knowing even at this stage if he turns out to be great he'll be off and play elsewhere in his prime.

He only just signed a deal this summer! Anyway it doesn't matter what contract he has "if he turns out to be great he'll be off to play elsewhere", that's the monopoly that is football. We are just a feeder club for the CL teams.

You see this is the problem with the internet. If you aren't one thing then you have to be the polar opposite. I was laughing at the fact that he was being written off after bugger all games by some people, that doesn't mean I think he is going to be the next Messi - I just thought that he deserved a chance to do what he can do, because that's what I think sensible, rational people should do.

Â