Christian Benteke

Kwan

hello im back :) good news i sea benteke stays anoter season i hope he gets shirt nr 9 next season :P

What makes you think this?

I hope he stays also, but it's far from certain.

because assuming that villa wont regelate he said that he want to stay for another season if villa stays in the PL but its not 100% sure if the aston villa board accepts an offer it is not his fault then. excuse me for my crappy english i hope it makes sense :s

Edited by Belgian guy
  • Like 1

Best signing in a long long time. For those saying he looks jaded, I completely disagree. This guy oozes class and is clearly head and shoulders above the rest of the team.

Give us another year tekkers!

hello im back :) good news i sea benteke stays anoter season i hope he gets shirt nr 9 next season :P

What makes you think this?

I hope he stays also, but it's far from certain.

because assuming that villa wont regelate he said that he want to stay for another season if villa stays in the PL but its not 100% sure if the aston villa board accepts an offer it is not his fault then. excuse me for my crappy english i hope it makes sense :s

Really hope that is the case :)

We should sell him while his price is sky high just incase he has a shit season next year.

lol this is a joke right? he's 22 there plenty room for improve

No. Cash in now take the £25m while we still can. Benteke wont be as good next season if he stays with Villa

We should sell him while his price is sky high just incase he has a shit season next year.

Why would you want to line Lerners pockets to the detriment of the team?

Money is not yours or anyone elses problem-Its Lerners.You've seen what happned (or rather didn't happen) with the Young & Downing money-There Is no point in selling our prize asset only for him to be replaced by some chimp for £10 million who isn't fit to lace Bentekes boots.

Money is not yours or anyone elses problem-Its Lerners.You've seen what happned (or rather didn't happen) with the Young & Downing money-There Is no point in selling our prize asset only for him to be replaced by some chimp for £10 million who isn't fit to lace Bentekes boots.

What an absolutely **** ridiculous statement. How much did Benteke cost again?

howmuch is the chanse that u hit the jackpot again with a low cost gamble? u cant always have luck to sign a successful striker 

howmuch is the chanse that u hit the jackpot again with a low cost gamble? u cant always have luck to sign a successful striker 

Absolutely spot on_Villa have gone from being one of the highest payers in the division to being one of the lowest.Any decent strikers out there will be coverted by sides who are prepared to pay much more in wages than Villa are.

We have a prize asset & the chances of buying another one in the summer are almost non-existant

People on here need to stop worrying about money & worry more about losing quality players that WILL NOT be replaced like for like.

Players like Benteke come along once every 20 years or so (Yorke being the last one) not every close season.

Why would any Villa fan with half a brain want to replce a £20 millionstriker with a £10million striker?

It doesn't matter how much money we get from sales,we're still going to be signing players from Crewe,Chesterfield,Midlesborough etc because they're the only players who will accept the wages we offer.

£10m is hardly cheap. The price tag is irrelevant really it's about the quality of player.

The £10 million was a hypothetical figure but whilst not cheap,I cannot think of one striker out there who I would prefer ahead of Benteke for £10 million.

Your point about quality is exactly the point that I'm making-Anyone who thinks that by selling Benteke we will somehow improve the quality of the team is either on drugs or extremely deluded.

I was also thinking about this KHV.

If the rumour (tweet) is correct and we are in the Premiership next season, Benteke apparently wants to stay with us for another season.

Yet it is a worry that we might have a one season wonder on our hands and his recent form would suggest that maybe Premiership teams are beginning to work out how to handle him? His current value would then certainly drop if his present form continues into next season.

If a bid in excess of 20m came in for him during the summer it would probably be considered by the club rather than being thrown out right away and i think both manager and chairman would be right to consider it. It should only be considered though if the full revenue from the sale of Benteke is ploughed straight back into team strengthening rather than the chairman's pocket.

Personally i'd love the club to be able to keep Benteke and to actually build a team around him as he has oozed that special comodity for most of the season, class, which generally promotes progression.

The difficulty is that for us to keep him beyond another season, the chairman will have to reinvest in the team on a level with the MON era to push for euro and CL qualification and that is something i just cannot see happening at the club for the foreseeable future unless we get a new owner. 

Edited by Morpheus

If we stay up, we get the new TV money, in which case we need to keep Benteke and build around him. Selling our best players is what has crippled us yet some of you are saying we should continue doing it? Look at the amounts we received for Milner, Young, Barry and Downing, yet we are in this awful position regardless of the money from those sales.

We have to add to our talent in different positions not try to replace it constantly hoping to unearth gems just as good.

Edited by samjp26

I think because I can't see him staying long I find it harder to love him like past forwards.

Never thought Dion Dublin would leave for better things and loved him!! Never thought Carew would go on to better things and loved him!!

With Benteke I obviously enjoy watching him and think he's great but his inevitable move away from here makes it harder to really fall in love with him (in a non homosexual way)

Â