Christian Benteke

Kwan

I loved JPA, but Benteke to me is clearly the better player. He's the smartest player on the pitch to begin with, reads the game faster than anyone else, has sublime positional awareness, poise, strength, finesse, and he works hard.  If he's selfish, then that's the sign of a confident player. He could have easily laid off the ball to Bent or Zog for his goal on Saturday, but had the confidence to slot it home. Angel too often just could not bring the end product to bear, which ultimately made him a very frustrating player to watch. 

While it's heartening to read that he'll sign a new deal if we stay up, I still think it's only a matter of time before he's off to one of the giants. I think he's already world class.

Why do we always double players wages?

Can't we just say 'you're on 20k now, have another 5/10k?'

who negotiates!? :lol: they are rubbish.

Flight of the conchords fans will know about dave's double down deal, double it...double it again...sold!

• Like 1

I loved JPA, but Benteke to me is clearly the better player. He's the smartest player on the pitch to begin with, reads the game faster than anyone else, has sublime positional awareness, poise, strength, finesse, and he works hard. If he's selfish, then that's the sign of a confident player. He could have easily laid off the ball to Bent or Zog for his goal on Saturday, but had the confidence to slot it home. Angel too often just could not bring the end product to bear, which ultimately made him a very frustrating player to watch.

While it's heartening to read that he'll sign a new deal if we stay up, I still think it's only a matter of time before he's off to one of the giants. I think he's already world class.

He is a good player, but no way is he already world class... If he's world class what are messi and ronaldo?

He still has bad games, he still misses chances, still gets offside easily... All the things you'd expect someone still learning the trade to do..

I loved JPA, but Benteke to me is clearly the better player. He's the smartest player on the pitch to begin with, reads the game faster than anyone else, has sublime positional awareness, poise, strength, finesse, and he works hard.  If he's selfish, then that's the sign of a confident player. He could have easily laid off the ball to Bent or Zog for his goal on Saturday, but had the confidence to slot it home. Angel too often just could not bring the end product to bear, which ultimately made him a very frustrating player to watch. 

I think Benteke is the better player, at least for now, but the intelligence is the one thing I really put Angel ahead of him and most of the strikers we've had in the last 20 years. Benteke is really not that intelligent football wise. At least he hasn't shown it yet. Apart from that sublime back heel against liverpool. I don't know why we're comparing the two, maybe because Benteke looks like he'll be the first to score more than 20 goals in a season since Angel. But when it comes to football intelligence, Angel is really one of our most intelligent players for a very long time. He's up there with Merson, Nilis  and a few more. Not God, though. He's everyone's teacher.

Staying up and seeing Benteke sign a new deal would feel like winning the league right now.

It is so sad what people are now willing to accept as success........

Not a bad attempt.

I've not classed it as success or an achievement though, I've described how it would feel to me given our current position.

I loved JPA, but Benteke to me is clearly the better player. He's the smartest player on the pitch to begin with, reads the game faster than anyone else, has sublime positional awareness, poise, strength, finesse, and he works hard. If he's selfish, then that's the sign of a confident player. He could have easily laid off the ball to Bent or Zog for his goal on Saturday, but had the confidence to slot it home. Angel too often just could not bring the end product to bear, which ultimately made him a very frustrating player to watch.

He is a good player, but no way is he already world class... If he's world class what are messi and ronaldo?

He still has bad games, he still misses chances, still gets offside easily... All the things you'd expect someone still learning the trade to do..

So does RVP.

• Like 1

Man we do get carried away with the world class bit. Fair enough the guy is a machine as well as a skillfull player for his size.

In fact i'd say he makes more of an impact than if we had Milner or Laursen back.  We need to get 25m for him but i cant see it happening especially the way he was when he heard we were after him at his old club and he forced that move through.

I would probably agree ^ Better than JPA because benteke is playing well without a good team around him ( not that JPA always had that either mind )

But come on. World Class ? So it would be a tough choice between Edison Cavani,Falcao or Benteke ? >__>

In fact i'd say he makes more of an impact than if we had Milner or Laursen back. We need to get 25m for him but i cant see it happening especially the way he was when he heard we were after him at his old club and he forced that move through.

The difference is, Lambert is the most stubborn person in England, and though we're cutting costs, we don't need the money like Genk would.

If he kicked up a fuss and didn't want to stay with us for a season, I reckon Lambert would say "Fine, you won't play for us this season. But you will play for our reserves. Enjoy".

Yeah I genuinely don't see anything that angel had that Benteke can't do.

Come from Columbia, therefore be South American, and therefore bound to be a flair player...

That's true. He also had long hair and had a hair band so that also adds to it.

How about absolute bollocks. I'm perfectly entitled to my opinion, I've never once given the impression that I am swayed by how a player looks or where he's from, only the talent they possess.

It's fine to disagree, it's possible my memory is tainted by age, but keep your snide remarks to yourself.

Ta.

In fact i'd say he makes more of an impact than if we had Milner or Laursen back. We need to get 25m for him but i cant see it happening especially the way he was when he heard we were after him at his old club and he forced that move through.

The difference is, Lambert is the most stubborn person in England, and though we're cutting costs, we don't need the money like Genk would.

If he kicked up a fuss and didn't want to stay with us for a season, I reckon Lambert would say "Fine, you won't play for us this season. But you will play for our reserves. Enjoy".

I think you are right. If Tekkers has even the brain of a fish he will have already seen Bodymoor Heath has a little corner of Siberia for players who aren't doing the right things in Lambert's eyes. A season of head tennis with Stephen Ireland won't do much for his WC preparations.

Yeah I genuinely don't see anything that angel had that Benteke can't do.

Come from Columbia, therefore be South American, and therefore bound to be a flair player...

That's true. He also had long hair and had a hair band so that also adds to it.

How about absolute bollocks. I'm perfectly entitled to my opinion, I've never once given the impression that I am swayed by how a player looks or where he's from, only the talent they possess.

It's fine to disagree, it's possible my memory is tainted by age, but keep your snide remarks to yourself.

Ta.

Wasn't actually having a pop at you or anyone in particular. Apologies if it seemed that way.

Just adding to the picture of how some imagine a flair player to be.

Why can't I make it work. :( Edited about a hundred times now.

You need to put the [ media ] [ /media ] tags around the link - obviously without the spaces inside the brackets

Edited by Ghost

I thpught it would be enough to click on the "link"-icon. I'll try and edit it one more time. :)

Nope, didn't work. And I've tried to remove the hhttps and all that. Ah well, not that good a post anyway. :)

Edited by Pelle

Â