Christian Benteke

Kwan

Congrats to him, a worthy nomination.

Also nominated for young player of the year are Bale, Hazard, Lukaku, Welbeck and Wiltshire.

I can't see anyone but Bale winning, and the fact that Hazard is also up for player of the year suggests he will be ahead of Benteke too (but I don't think he should be).  Benteke for me is head and shoulders above the other 3 based upon this season.  

For me though, this award is a bit odd, as don't the players vote in January? It's the football writers award that matters more.

It could be seen that he has had to play in a poor team for the most part of this season, which shows just how well he has played despite this, especially when in comparison to the rest of the players on that list. Wiltshire has been injured for long periods, Lukaku's great but doesn't play enough, Welbeck is overrated, Hazard hasn't done as well as was expected, Bale is the only one who could beat him for me, but I'm biased obviously.

I'd love for him to win, hopefully we keep him for another year but if we stayed up and he wanted to go, we could make a mint from his sale. Hopefully he'll stay though.

Although Bale is still young he's been around so long he shouldn't be considered for the young player of the year award. Don't really understand why Wiltshire who hasn't played that much and Wellbeck are considered.

Although Bale is still young he's been around so long he shouldn't be considered for the young player of the year award. Don't really understand why Wiltshire who hasn't played that much and Wellbeck are considered.

So he's young but shouldn't be considered for young player?? That doesn't really make sense... Wiltshire hasn't hit the heights because of injuries but has still played 30 games.. Agree about welbeck..

In my eyes CB has done really well for us but Bale has done better and deservedly deserve to win.

Hopefully CB will stay at least another yr and develop his game further

Didn't realise Benteke was only 2 goals away from Yorke's record goals for a season. 5 games to go, easy.

League goals? Because Yorke got 25 in all competitions in the 95/96 season.

Â