Christian Benteke

Kwan

I wonder how much influence; if any; the amount of early transfer business we're doing in the window will encourage Benteke to stay if he was unsure of the decision beforehand.

I think it will help.

But I also think that Lambert has probably told Bentekes agent that it would take a MASSIVE bid for Villa to sell him less than a year after he signed for us. That it would be best to just focus on having another good season at Villa and the World Cup next summer and then the issue will be revisited.

I think we'd have to accept a bid in region of £30 million and would be happy to do business at that price. That's like 3,4 or 5 quality players. 

But I fully believe he'll be here next season. 

bloomberg sports have ranked him the 29th best player in europe -

1. Lionel Messi (Barcelona) 91.25

2. Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid) 91.16

3. Franck Ribery (Bayern Munich) 89.27

4. Marco Reus (Borussia Dortmund) 89.10

5. Andrea Pirlo (Juventus) 88.62

6. Robin van Persie (Manchester United) 88.14

7 Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus) 87.46

8. Marek Hamsik (Napoli) 87.01

9. Gareth Bale (Tottenham) 87.01

10. Santiago Cazorla (Arsenal) 86.37

11. Arturo Vidal (Juventus) 86.19

12. Marouane Fellaini (Everton) 85.92

13. Maxime Gonalons (Lyon) 85.89

14. Bastian Schweinsteiger (Bayern Munich) 85.88

15. Luis Suarez (Liverpool) 85.49

16. Leighton Baines (Everton) 85.11

17. Mesut Ozil (Real Madrid) 84.75

18. Jan Vertonghen (Tottenham) 84.25

19. Thomas Muller (Bayern Munich) 83.96

20. Edinson Cavani (Napoli) 83.78

21. Rafael (Manchester United) 83.33

22. Toni Kroos (Bayern Munich) 83.19

23. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Paris Saint Germain) 82.91

24. Juan Mata (Chelsea) 82.26

25. Xavi (Barcelona) 81.97

26. Wayne Rooney (Manchester United) 81.95

27. Kwadwo Asamoah (Juventus) 81.51

28. Christian Abbiati (AC Milan) 81.27

29. Christian Benteke Aston Villa 81.03

30. Falcao (Atletico Madrid) 80.78

31. Dante (Bayern Munich) 80.52

32. Mario Gotze (Borussia Dortmund) 80.39

33. Hugo Campagnaro (Napoli) 80.10

34. Jefferson Farfan (Schalke) 79.89

35. Oliver Sorg (Freiburg) 79.72

36. Erik Lamela (Roma) 79.56

37. Robert Lewandowski (Borussia Dortmund) 79.11

38. Phillipp Lahm (Bayern Munich) 78.54

39. Gonzalo Higuain (Real Madrid) 78.52

40. Dani Alves (Barcelona) 78.15

41. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Saint Etienne) 77.98

42. Yaya Toure (Manchester City) 77.86

43. Kevin Constant (AC Milan) 77.81

44. Stefan Kiessling (Bayer Leverkusen) 77.42

45. Mikel Arteta (Arsenal) 77.26

46. Simon Mignolet (Sunderland) 76.87

47. Antonio Di Natale (Udinese) 76.55

48. Alexander Meier (Eintracht Frankfurt) 76.21

49. Mathieu Valbuena (Marseille) 76.06

50. Ron-Robert Zieler (Hannover) 75.88

Leighton Baines is class and once again had a fantastic seaso... but 18th best in the world ? Nah mate.

Maxime Gonalons 13th. Chiellini 7th he was worst of Juventus defenders this season

Doubt he will sign a longer deal, just one on more money.

I wouldn't see the point in doing this. Christian, if you want more money, you give us more years!

Indications look good to me. He will stay with it being a world cup year so he can secure his starting spot with Belgium and move next year.

If he has to move? Its not beyond the realms of possibility for us to make a few impressions on people next year.....why not on Benteke.

I am not ITK but I have been fed word that if an offer of around £25-£30 were to come in for benteke, he will be sold.

Isn't that the very definition of 'In the know'? :detect:

No, because it's been fed straight from a horses arse.

No, i do get bits from the club, but it is second hand so i cant say i am itk. I am a new poster but a ling time reader, hence why i am compelled to post now.

This is extremely tenuous and I wasn't going to post it, but sod it I will!

I am by no means in the know at all (and I have never posted anything like this in the past) but I have been told today by someone working for a British (hint) media corporation (I would add he doesn't actually work directly with Aston Villa) that Benteke would be happy to stay and he IS in contract talks but nonetheless the contract talks aren't going that well. He said that what HE has been told is that Benteke's agent has quite a lot of influence over the whole affair at the moment and none of the parties are too happy about how things are progressing. The impression seems to be that everything is a bit more adversarial at the moment than it was ever intended to be.

Anyway, make of that what you will.

Why would the club use Christian for the Kit launch photoshoot if he wasn't staying?

Yeah that's what I thought as well. I feel pretty confident he'll stay this season. He'd be foolish to move to a club where he wasn't guaranteed playing time in a world cup year. 

Whichever way this is going it needs to be resolved ASAP.

Clearly Lambert is getting sorted early so that he can coach his players during the break, which represent a huge change for us!

Over the years transfers/new contracts have been strung during the close season and it would be really good if we could start a new season with a squad that has got to know each other without waiting till it kicks off.

Sort out Benteke now, get at least one more experienced defender, conclude the Helenius and Okore deals , throw in Belhanda for good measure (as if!) and we are sorted for next season :-) :-)

FWIW I think Benteke will sign a new contract and that ATM his agent is probably trying to dictate future clauses for his release and other ways to line his (the agents) pocket!

Haven't been this excited since the summer of 2006! Bring it on!

Yeah, with the ways transfers are going we should be at least getting this one sorted as it will dictate much for the upcoming season. I doubt helenius is gonna do the same as benteke did. Bu any way, no chance I am gonna complain on this since we are doing stuff early now and I love it. At the moment I don`t feel critical at all about villa, which is a great thing actually. Long time ago since the last time.

Â