Christian Benteke

Kwan

If he is not willing to sign an extension to his contract then what's the point of giving him a pay rise.

I have no problem selling for something above 30m, if that's made available to Lambert to spend.

If Benteke starts throwing his toys out the pram to get a move where the fee is to low. Then Villa should just throw him in the reserves and sell after the world cup next year. Time the Villa started playing hardball.

• Like 2

i don't take this article serious but im sure that his agent is trying to talk in to him for leaving. that agent has smelled money its sad but thats whats football is about these times..

Have you got your banner ready?

I'd like the club to either slap a price tag on him - £50m

Or a NOT FOR SALE sign.

At the moment with nobody saying nothing it will mean a whole summer of media trying to unsettle him

agree, like we did with Downing, Lerner stuck to his guns there.

i don't take this article serious but im sure that his agent is trying to talk in to him for leaving. that agent has smelled money its sad but thats whats football is about these times..

Have you got your banner ready?

almost i need more red paint :P

Benteke's refused to answer questions about his future so thats the first evidence this article is based on a made up story. 

Or the first evidence he is listening to his agent to keep his gob shut?

Benteke's refused to answer questions about his future so thats the first evidence this article is based on a made up story.

His agent said that he has told CB not to answer anymore questions about his future, therefore he cannot be misquoted or misinterpreted.

Therefore, if he continues to adhere to this, expect every article to be based on absolutely nothing except a means of attempting to drum up a story.

Pretty much like most transfer articles to be fair...

• Like 3

Or the first evidence he is listening to his agent to keep his gob shut?

Exactly Denis.

Christian and I are surprised and disgusted by a story in The Sun newspaper claiming Benteke can do what he wants.

He has been misquoted. He has called me today from New York and he is disgusted, I have told him not to speak to any media from now on.

If there is a team, a bigger team that is playing European football next year, shows an interest with Villa concerning Christian, I would lie if I said that Christian would ignore that.

• Like 1

I can't imagine that PL would roll over for any player. He's shown that he's not a soft touch.

If (and this is an if) he acts like a prick, ruin his chances of the WC. If he doesn't want to play for us then he doesn't have to. But at the end of the day, we hold his contract. He can kick and scream all he wants.

That is based on an 'if' though.

Teams will look at us and see that Benteke has scored the greatest proportion of any team's goals in the Premier League. They may feel that if they mark CB out of the game, they effectively nullify our goal threat.

If he stays we definitely need to add more goals around the team as a whole (which I'm sure we will do), but if he does go, then I'm not too worried either, as PL will reinvest the money wisely.

I would be surprised if CB wasn't a heavily marked man next season, making it difficult to reproduce the 19 league goals of this campaign.

We can expect to hear very little from CB about his future for now. What's more telling about these articles is that we haven't heard from any of his supposed suitors saying they want his either. Simple media bollocks for now, but whether he stays or goes, both leave us in a stronger (just different) position.

• Like 1

I gotta be honest, if this doesn`t wrap up quickly after he comes back then I will be worried. Benteke strikes me as rather ambitious in what he wants to do with his career. Thought, can`t say that two years in a row trying to force your club to sell you looks that appealing. We will see, all of this seems more like random speculation at best...

Sorry but if Bale is worth £80m then Benteke is worth over £50m.

Selling for £25m would be a joke.

Do we know if he has any specific release clauses that could trigger a move ??

Teams will look at us and see that Benteke has scored the greatest proportion of any team's goals in the Premier League. They may feel that if they mark CB out of the game, they effectively nullify our goal threat.

If he stays we definitely need to add more goals around the team as a whole (which I'm sure we will do), but if he does go, then I'm not too worried either, as PL will reinvest the money wisely.

I would be surprised if CB wasn't a heavily marked man next season, making it difficult to reproduce the 19 league goals of this campaign.

We can expect to hear very little from CB about his future for now. What's more telling about these articles is that we haven't heard from any of his supposed suitors saying they want his either. Simple media bollocks for now, but whether he stays or goes, both leave us in a stronger (just different) position.

He already was heavily marked this year. However this means Gabby and Weimann get free reign, and they also can hurt teams. Having "an easily identifiable threat" can work as teams see the danger as Benteke, and not the two other strikers next to him who netted 10+ goals each this season.

• Like 1

He already was heavily marked this year. However this means Gabby and Weimann get free reign, and they also can hurt teams. Having "an easily identifiable threat" can work as teams see the danger as Benteke, and not the two other strikers next to him who netted 10+ goals each this season.

Weimann definitely needs to improve on his finishing if we are to do so.

Weimann definitely needs to improve on his finishing if we are to do so.

Agreed, or we get a new striker/attacking midfielders. He's hardly done badly this season though and he's still young.

• Like 1

Â