Christian Benteke

Kwan

If there is any chance we are looking to sell Benteke then Bent can't leave surely.

Why? I don't think Bent fits in with the way Villa played this season..... I think he's a great player but just doesn't fit in with the current squad so I can see him leaving to be honest!

I'm hoping Benteke stays for at least another season and I think he will.

I think what happens with Benteke will 100% show the true ambition of this club...The Jury is out

Not necessarily. If a top club comes in for him and he gets his head turned and we sell him for £30m then I fail to see what's wrong with that with regards to the club?

Personally I think he wants to stay though.

Just saw this on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/smCG3fT8qYg

It's his 19 league goals for the season.  It will probably be taken down in an hour, so catch it while you can! 

Only a selection of his 19 goals but still great to watch. He can score every time of goal. 

Looked like the full 19 to me...

Just watching that video clearly shows why we must keep him at least for another year!

Too right! Being able to trouble defenders and have the finishing touch and/or power is a massive attribute. Keepers can only deal with the shots that come their way but I imagine defenders will be thinking of how they can deal with CB's power AND skill. Incidentally, I wonder how he manages to beat good keepers at the near post so well?

1 more year, FFS why do we bother?

So now Villa have become such a low club that if we get a player who turns out to have exceptional talent he will only hang around long enough to secure himself a better deal else where? And we are supposed to just accept this and move on!

I guess that there is not point in answering the question though as after reading on VT and other Villa forums it appears that most Villans think we are no more than a club who makes up the numbers, no wonder other clubs treat us as a joke.

Oh well, pay him what we can for the loyalty of 1 more season before watching another player leave.

• Like 1

So now Villa have become such a low club that if we get a player who turns out to have exceptional talent he will only hang around long enough to secure himself a better deal else where? And we are supposed to just accept this and move on!

I guess that there is not point in answering the question though as after reading on VT and other Villa forums it appears that most Villans think we are no more than a club who makes up the numbers, no wonder other clubs treat us as a joke.

Oh well, pay him what we can for the loyalty of 1 more season before watching another player leave.

What do you suggest to change things?

Remove "Villa" and replace with the name of any club in the entire football league outside of the top 4

Remove "Villa" and replace with the name of any club in the entire football league outside of the top 4

...and in virtually every league across the world as well.

Well I do sort of agree with this, I hate the whole state of how that has become. Specially when it comes to teams in the premier league, like only the top 4 is good enough and the rest is...not that good I guess? Either way, it`s stupid and I hope that change with time(I don`t see it).

But honestly in Benteke`s case its sort of easier to understand. If he can keep this up then he deserves better than us because we are no longer a top team, just top club. Which is a shame, but true. Only way he would stay here longer is if we invested heavily next year, got to the champions league and got further than the group stage. That is going to take a long time.

How do you think we, and every other club, signs players then? Matty Lowton, Ashley Westwood and Benteke himself all moved mid contract from other clubs to join a bigger club in Aston Villa.

Why would it be any different when / if they move on again?

• Like 1

You miss my point, maybe it's my age but to me Villa should still be one of the biggest clubs in England and not the feeder club we have become. Besides Benteke signed a contract less than a year ago, by all means if the club want to reward him then I'm pleased for all of them but what I don't like is we have had one January transfer window with his agent gobbing off and now even before the last ball of the season is kicked we have him again making threats.

I know we not are part of the elite few but realising just how far we have fallen doesn't bring me any joy.

How to fix this? God only knows I suppose I have the choice of accepting 2nd rate (or worse) or not bothering. I don't watch any other games even though I have access to watch every Premier League,German etc league on TV nor do I watch any international games any more as I truly hate the way football is today but Villa is and always will be in my blood. It has been since the 60's and will be to the day I die.

I'm enjoying how Paul Lambert is going about his business. If I'm honest I don't think I had heard of any of the players he signed before they joined us but if each time one of them works out we then sell quickly we then become another Birmingham City i.e a nothing club devoid of any hope.

It may be welcome to modern football and if it is so be it. I've given up anyway it's just Aston Villa and nothing else for me. I might be the exception but if I'm not then football itself will start to see empty grounds in the years to come even if the top few clubs sell out every week.

if each time one of them works out we then sell quickly we then become another Birmingham City i.e a nothing club devoid of any hope.

Or, you know, like Spurs i.e a club who has sold their best players in order to buy more and push up the table. If you have a good manager with an eye for talent nobody else spots then this is a fair enough way to approach things. If Lambert has a 50% success rate with his signings, and every second one leaves within 2 years for 4-5 times what he paid for them, we'll be flying up the table 

• Like 2

Â