Christian Benteke

Kwan

Did Shearer say that though? I thought he said something like it was the most complete performance from a forward he had seen this season. If so, not exactly the same thing.

I remember mentioning Shearer saying on MOTD that Benteke was at fault for Man Us third goal against us and then being soundly ridiculed on here for using Shearer's opinion to substantiate my debate. One poster in particular stating, 'using Shearer doesn't strengthen your argument' accompanied with a smiley!

I guess Shearer's opinion is accepted now, or is that just being selective.

Did Shearer say that though? I though he said something like it was the most complete performance from a forward he had seen this season. If so, not exactly the same thing.

I remember mentioning Shearer saying on MOTD that Benteke was at fault for Man Us third goal against us and then being soundly ridiculed on here for using Shearer's opinion to substantiate my debate. One poster in particular stating, 'using Shearer doesn't strengthen your argument' accompanied with a smiley!

By one poster.

Still, gave you a chance to shake the cobwebs off eh.

Did Shearer say that though? I though he said something like it was the most complete performance from a forward he had seen this season. If so, not exactly the same thing.

Sigh.

You met my sister the other night and you were singing down the phone to me! Hahahaha

haha apologies for that mate, god knows what time that was at. good story though, stumbled out of a club and did the benteke knee slide celebration whilst singing the above song - she was loving it!

haha apologies for that mate, god knows what time that was at. good story though, stumbled out of a club and did the benteke knee slide celebration whilst singing the above song - she was loving it!

Haha, I was up anyway but it proper cracked me up!

Incredible today.. Very similar to the old John Carew one a season unplayable game (vs Newcastle, vs Bolton)

I just hope the staff (and himself) keep him grounded as he is still very young, he can go onto to be an amazing player, causes problems even if he isn't directly involved with the play .. Sweet back heel too.

Benteke is a unique talent in that he's a massively big guy, but so poised and clever on the ball. His movement off the ball is very intelligent as well. Fantastic vision, great positioning, power, speed, grace, selflessness...he's so good it's scary, actually. I hope we can hold onto him. But based on his quotes last month, I think he's as good as gone as soon as the right offer comes in. We're still a selling club after all.

am i right in saying he played for genk already this season? meaning that even if someone came in with a ludicrous offer in january he can't leave us?

Yep that's I believe, you can't play for more than 2 clubs in a season so would be summer at the earliest

Â