Christian Benteke

Kwan

He reminds me of Didier Drogba. Outpowers defenders, scores headers, finds space, neat finisher and can score from outside the box.

Absolutely adore the bloke so far.

Congo Waring!

Edit- Didn't read the thread before the Drogba comparisons, looks like I'm not the only one.

The Drogba comparison stands up but from early on he's reminded me of Kanu as well, a player I used to love watching. Which as an amalgam is a pretty awesome player.

Shame on the poster (I think it was NV, the rascal) who used the words "John Fashanu" to defile Tekkers! The fact that that word removed ever disgraced our shirt with his foulness of being appalls me still so I certainly don't want Tekkers smeared with that.

Our greatest signing of the 21st century?

Hmmm I dunno. We might not be in the best shape right now but we've had some talent through the doors over the last 12 years. Mellberg, Laursen, Young, Milner.... He's certainly up there but I would probably take Milner over all of them. For that one season he was comfortably the best player we'd had since McGrath.

As a striker he's comfortably the best already. When we signed him I had hoped for a Demba Ba like revelation, he's a much better player than Ba. I'm already confident enough in his ability to say there's only a handful of strikers in the league I'd have over Benteke. Aguero, Rooney, Van Persie, Suarez *shudder*. Berbatov at a push.

He's a 15 goals 15 assists kinda player in our squad and that's before you even begin to mention the rest of his game. Lord knows what he'd do at a big club. Arsenal would kill for a player of his ability.

Very exciting.

Yep, the only negative to Benteke is that he wont be here long. If he keeps this up then 20m+ offers will be coming in the summer. But I wont be as pissed off as with Young, Downing, Milner, Yorke etc simply because we are just a mid-table team now and Benteke is far better than that. There will be no bitterness from me. Give us a great season Christian, possibly two if we're lucky and we make a very nice profit and good luck to him.

Â