Christian Benteke

Kwan

Quite confident he'll start against Bournemouth.

He'll bang in a hat-trick with 3 assists from Gil, then Plop will come in and offer the release clause. In a twist Benteke will reject their advances due his new found bromance with Carles, and they will go on to take the Premier League by storm.

• Like 4

Looks like the plop could be in for Lacazette in France for €30million maybe there is no real intrest for the beast at £32.5million

I think they have painted themselves into a corner by their not so subtle bullying tactics via their media chums. They have given it large about not wanting to pay £32.5m but have now found out that they cannot bully us so what do they do? The obvious answer is to explore other options and maybe come back later and reluctantly pay the the price if they can't find another striker.

I have this sneaking suspicion that if Liverpool do activate the release clause there will be a few other clubs in the mix and I am guessing that Lerner would like nothing better than get a bit of a bidding war going and not sell to Liverpool.

Looks like the plop could be in for Lacazette in France for €30million maybe there is no real intrest for the beast at £32.5million

I think they have painted themselves into a corner by their not so subtle bullying tactics via their media chums. They have given it large about not wanting to pay £32.5m but have now found out that they cannot bully us so what do they do? The obvious answer is to explore other options and maybe come back later and reluctantly pay the the price if they can't find another striker.

I have this sneaking suspicion that if Liverpool do activate the release clause there will be a few other clubs in the mix and I am guessing that Lerner would like nothing better than get a bit of a bidding war going and not sell to Liverpool.

There will be no bidding war if the clause is met.

There might be a bidding war in terms of clubs offering Benteke better deals. But not in terms of the transfer fee.

• Like 2

There might be a bidding war in terms of clubs offering Benteke better deals. But not in terms of the transfer fee.

So what happens if Liverpool offer £32.5m and Man U decide to get involved and want to sign him so they offer a bit more say £33m?

Clearly none of us have seen his contract but does it not just mean he can talk to clubs if the release clause price is met and then it's up to Villa which offer we accept although clearly the player had a say?

Final thought Suarez had a £45m release clause but went for £75m and Liverpool ignored Arsenal's £45m plus a quid offer. My point is its probably not as black and white as everyone seems to assume.

Edited by Harry

Think contractually we have to accept any off of 32.5 or above regardless as long as it's a one off payment in full

33 wouldn't make any difference to whether we accept or not.

• Like 1

It's actually borderline casual racism - that is clearly Daniel Sturridge's body. The guy who has photshopped this has shown appalling social skills by effectively saying that all black people look the same below the neck.

This has got to be a joke surely? Mockups like this appear all the time for players of all skin colours.
Yes... sorry, I was in a rush and forgot the smiley...

<and forgot again, here is is...> :P

I just think you're trying to back out of it now. You clearly suffer from modern Brit disease.

Nah, honest... I'm usually one of the first to pop up on Facebook to moan at people that take offence at the slightest thing e.g. the farcical situation about that 'sexist' FA Tweet earlier this week about how the England ladies went back to being partners, mothers etc. I was being ironic...

I'm more a kind of guy that takes offence at how easily other people take offence :D

Anyway, I saw on Facebook that the Benteke photoshop image was actually using the body of Glen Johnson. Shows what I know eh? ;)

So what happens if Liverpool offer £32.5m and Man U decide to get involved and want to sign him so they offer a bit more say £33m?

Clearly none of us have seen his contract but does it not just mean he can talk to clubs if the release clause price is met and then it's up to Villa which offer we accept although clearly the player had a say?

Final thought Suarez had a £45m release clause but went for £75m and Liverpool ignored Arsenal's £45m plus a quid offer. My point is its probably not as black and white as everyone seems to assume.

If it's a standard release clause then it doesn't matter. The £32.5m means we have to accept it.

There would be no benefit in Man United offering more. The benefit under normal circumstances of them bidding more is that we'd reject the lower bid and accept the higher. But we couldn't say no to Liverpool in this case because they'd have met the clause. It would be up to Christian who he wanted to sign for.

The only way there could be a bidding war would be if we were willing to accept less than the clause.

It was fairly well publicised that the Suarez release clause wasn't a "proper" release clause.

Edited by Stevo985

"And he had a buy-out clause - I don't know what degree I should go into this - but he had a buy-out clause of £40million - more than 60 million (US) dollars. So Arsenal, one of our prime rivals this year... they offered £40million and one pound for him and triggered his buy-out clause.

"But what we've found over the years is that contracts don't seem to mean a lot in England - actually not in England, in world football. It doesn't matter how long a player's contract is, he can decide he's leaving.

"We sold Fernando Torres for £50million. We didn't want to sell but we were forced to.

"For the first time (with Suarez) we took the position that we weren't selling.

"Since apparently these contracts don't seem to hold, we took the position we're just not selling and it's been great for Luis, it's been great for us, and what will happen at the end of year... I think we"re going to make Champions League and we have a small chance of winning the Premier League this year.

"We have three gentlemen up front: Suarez, (Raheem) Sterling and (Daniel) Sturridge. Those three are young, and I think Luis and those three could be together for a long time."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/10672340/Luis-Suarez-did-have-a-40m-buy-out-clause-but-Liverpool-admit-they-ignored-it-after-Arsenal-offer.html

John Henry - Liverpool owner.

Edited by Folski

"And he had a buy-out clause - I don't know what degree I should go into this - but he had a buy-out clause of £40million - more than 60 million (US) dollars. So Arsenal, one of our prime rivals this year... they offered £40million and one pound for him and triggered his buy-out clause.

"But what we've found over the years is that contracts don't seem to mean a lot in England - actually not in England, in world football. It doesn't matter how long a player's contract is, he can decide he's leaving.

"We sold Fernando Torres for £50million. We didn't want to sell but we were forced to.

"Since apparently these contracts don't seem to hold, we took the position we're just not selling and it's been great for Luis, it's been great for us, and what will happen at the end of year... I think we"re going to make Champions League and we have a small chance of winning the Premier League this year.

"We have three gentlemen up front: Suarez, (Raheem) Sterling and (Daniel) Sturridge. Those three are young, and I think Luis and those three could be together for a long time."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/10672340/Luis-Suarez-did-have-a-40m-buy-out-clause-but-Liverpool-admit-they-ignored-it-after-Arsenal-offer.html

Had literally just copied this exact piece to stick in here. Great minds eh?

Liverpool should be given the same treatment from us. Sorry, the terms in his contract dont seem to mean anything... It'll be £75m plz kthnxbai

"Since apparently these contracts don't seem to hold, we took the position we're just not selling and it's been great for Luis, it's been great for us, and what will happen at the end of year... I think we"re going to make Champions League and we have a small chance of winning the Premier League this year.

Had literally just copied this exact piece to stick in here. Great minds eh?

Liverpool should be given the same treatment from us. Sorry, the terms in his contract dont seem to mean anything... It'll be £75m plz kthnxbai

im more shocked that he had cheek to call Suarez a gentleman

This is all so predictable. Sterling to City at £50m, Liverpool pay £32.5m for Benteke, Villa buy........??

Every year there is the transfer merry go round, just waiting for a it to kick into gear when City bid what everyone knows what they will bid.

FWIW, Sterling is not worth a quarter of that fee. One footed, poor first touch, crap vision. The game is truly screwed!

if sterling price tag was 12.5m. Im quite positive he would be sitting on Real madrid/barca/psg/city bench right now getting some decent playing time for them

rumour united in for kane.   Kane -> united. Benteke -> spuds

Edited by gharperr

Â