Christian Benteke

Kwan

I don't understand why liverpool is a dumb move for him. He will play regularly and get much better service than he will at Villa. He hasn't proved himself good enough for the top clubs yet which is why non are in for him. Stay at Villa and battle relegation or move to Liverpool and challenge for top 4 while playing in Europe?

They're not going to win anything and they aren't in the Champions League, that is why it is a dumb move for him.

And we are?

This is the point, no we aren't, but neither are Liverpool hence why if he goes it should be to somewhere bigger and better.

I don't understand why liverpool is a dumb move for him. He will play regularly and get much better service than he will at Villa. He hasn't proved himself good enough for the top clubs yet which is why non are in for him. Stay at Villa and battle relegation or move to Liverpool and challenge for top 4 while playing in Europe?

They're not going to win anything and they aren't in the Champions League, that is why it is a dumb move for him.
And we are?

This is the point, no we aren't, but neither are Liverpool hence why if he goes it should be to somewhere bigger and better.

But bigger and better then Liverpool are not interested in him but bigger and better than us are. So why would he stay?

Regarding cup competitions he arguably has a bigger chance of winning something at Liverpool than us.

I'd say Benteke is worth about £22m with Sturridge about the same maybe a small bit higher, at about £23.5m, no way would I pay over £30m for either.

In isolation you may be right.

But Bony and Lukaku costing £28m has changed the market.

Benteke is easily as good (better to be fair) than either of those two.

If they cost £28m, then that should be the absolute minimum Benteke is worth.

Oh ya 100% I'm just saying that's about as much as I would be willing to pay, and I think it's a fair price, as you say in isolation but the game has indeed gone mad.

And we are?

But bigger and better then Liverpool are not interested in him but bigger and better than us are. So why would he stay?

Regarding cup competitions he arguably has a bigger chance of winning something at Liverpool than us.

Yet we came closer to winning the FA Cup than them because we beat them in the semi-final. Silverware in general they won't win the league in a million years, they missed that ship when Stevie slipped on his arse. You've been sucked into the Merseyside Myth, my friend!

Edited by samjp26

And we are?

Yet we came closer to winning the FA Cup than them because we beat them in the semi-final. Silverware in general they won't win the league in a million years, they missed that ship when Stevie slipped on his arse. You've been sucked into the Merseyside Myth, my friend!

I'm not saying he will win the league. But he will be playing in a far better team than Villa and will most likely get a lot more service. This in itself will increase his worth and lead to a bigger move a couple of years down the line.

If Lplop are such a bigger club, name one of their players you would take as a straight swap for CB..............NOT ONE.

They are not going to win anything, and not going to get in the CL.CB imho is Barca/Real Madrid class, thats why going to Lplop would be a bad move.

The fact that they are not willing to match his asking price suggests to me they don't rate him that highly.

• Like 1

If Lplop are such a bigger club, name one of their players you would take as a straight swap for CB..............NOT ONE.

They are not going to win anything, and not going to get in the CL.CB imho is Barca/Real Madrid class, thats why going to Lplop would be a bad move.

The fact that they are not willing to match his asking price suggests to me they don't rate him that highly.

Coutinho.
  • Like 1

You lot are missing my point. There is more chance of Real coming along while he is playing at Liverpool than at Villa. He will get more service, score more goals and win more games. Do you think the likes of Suarez and Torres would have got their big money moves after a season with us!

Benteke is worth at least £40M himself. The only reason the release clause is £32M is because that being agreed is what it took for him to sign the extension to his contract. (Well I don't know that for sure but you know what I mean)

What do you mean?

Sideways step at best with regards to winning trophies so really don't understand the logic in going to liverpool.

Well if they break top four with him in the side he'll play in the champs league. If he proves himself at Liverpool one of the elites will come in for him. Regardless of what Liverpool believe themselves to be if he's hit the "even bigger boys" will come knocking.

Playing at Liverpool will put him on an even bigger stage.

Breaking into the top 4 don't win you a trophy! 

Out of interest who do you think liverpool will replace?

Edited by Kingman

Putting myself in his (probably massive) shoes, with non-claret and blue glasses on:

I'd stay. Sign a contract with an additional year on it. With a biiiiiioig wedge of a payrise, keeping release clause at 32.5 million (or whatever it is).

I'd play one season in a team that i know im going to be the main man in, and one that the end of last season shows is going to create a lot of chances for me.

I'd cement my place for the Euros with Belgium, then if all of the above happens, i'd join a team with a lot more chance of Champions League / Silverware than Liverpool.

Liverpool is without question a forward move, (grrrr), but in my opinion not enough of one. He's destined for better than them. Wait a year and go to one of the big boys.

• Like 3

You lot are missing my point. There is more chance of Real coming along while he is playing at Liverpool than at Villa. He will get more service, score more goals and win more games. Do you think the likes of Suarez and Torres would have got their big money moves after a season with us!

There were probably Newcastle fans who said similar about Carrol,

There were probably Newcastle fans who said similar about Carrol,

Yes and it turned out the move was too big for him. Fans on here are saying the move to Liverpool is too small for him!

The whole rest of their team is better than ours however. Plus Sturridge is about on par with Benteke when fit. There's not much argument as far as I see it: we are MILES away from Liverpool. The last few decades prove it too.

Â