Christian Benteke

Kwan

It seems they may have made their choice and will save £3.5m by signing Firmino rather than our man. I hope that will put these links to Liverpool signing our player to an end once and for all. One potential buyer down - Great news! 

It seems they may have made their choice and will save £3.5m by signing Firmino rather than our man. I hope that will put these links to Liverpool signing our player to an end once and for all. One potential buyer down - Great news!

Still can't see it ending the Benteke speculation. Sterling will be sold then Liverpool will offer £15m for Benteke then we will take it from there.

Pisses me off that the media seems desperate for Sterling to be sold for as much as possible, but equally as desperate for Benteke to be sold on the cheap.

12m + Dembele and Townsend would do me just fine.

You rate Dembele and Townsend as being worth 20mil? Really? Are you Levy?!

Both Dembele and Townsend have to be worth £10m each in this day and age I would have thought?

Not saying I would accept it, but the valuation can't be far off?

I think they're worth closer to 10 combined. Both haven't shown much in quite a while now.

a] You're assuming Benteke is valued at £32m there ;)

b] Townsend is, for whatever reason, at least a £10m player in the current market.  We've got people saying Fabian Delph is worth £20m on another thread - Townsend is younger, playing for a better team and also in the England squad.

Delph is of much higher value/importance to us than Townsend is to spurs - dont forget that!

• Like 1

Isn't Firmino a replacement for Sterling?

They sell Sterling for £45-50m, bring in Firmino and Benteke. 

Would be good business if you ask me. 

He's not a winger though. Although Sterling will often cut inside Firmino always plays through the middle and often becomes a striker. 

Edited by tomh621

Sterling didn't play that much last season as a winger though, more down the middle so Firmino is probably a replacement for him and with Sturridge a liability injury wise they will sign an out and out striker, although they have signed Ings so who knows. 

Edited by PaulC

Nope still after another striker, still want benteke but seen to want/expect him at a lower cost which is pretty arrogant of them

Well they can't exactly go and spend 30 mil on a player then try and low ball us.

• Like 1

Sterling didn't play that much last season as a winger though, more down the middle so Firmino is probably a replacement for him and with Sturridge a liability injury wise they will sign an out and out striker, although they have signed Ings so who knows.

as it stands..Sturridge,Lambert,Balotelli Borini & Ings

Just signed Formino but id assume like others said the number 10 role but what about Coutinho?as well as still having Sterling

Dont see them coming in for Benteke to be honest

I think the Firmino deal is good for us for 2 reasons. 

The first being that they've just spent £29million on a player so are in no position to be trying to negotiate us down and the second being that I don't think Liverpool at present have the money for another £30million player.

The game changes if they sell Sterling but i'm not sure they will.

The whole situation has even handled brilliantly by the club IMO.

Lambert, fox and sherwood have done amazingly well in the last 12 months, renewing him last year when he wanted to leave, adding the high release clause and then revealing it before the summer.

As it's been said, we're in a great position as a result.

Does anyone know for definite that the clause is 32.5? I know it's the reported fee, but I would laugh so hard if it ended up being so much less and the big clubs being put off by it

• Like 1

Not that it was ever really likely IMO, but I've saw one or two mention A Madrid. It seems they are spending 30m + euro on Jackson Martinez from Porto, so that's another club to strike off the list

The whole situation has even handled brilliantly by the club IMO.

Lambert, fox and sherwood have done amazingly well in the last 12 months, renewing him last year when he wanted to leave, adding the high release clause and then revealing it before the summer.

As it's been said, we're in a great position as a result.

Does anyone know for definite that the clause is 32.5? I know it's the reported fee, but I would laugh so hard if it ended up being so much less and the big clubs being put off by it

I agree, though tbf, contrary to the opinion of some I think that is one area (players sales) we have got right in recent history.

Sadly it's the other side if the coin (getting value with purchases) that has sometimes let us down.

Not that it was ever really likely IMO, but I've saw one or two mention A Madrid. It seems they are spending 30m + euro on Jackson Martinez from Porto, so that's another club to strike off the list

And they had already signed Vietto.

Yep, So they now have Raul Jimenez, Vietto, Torres, Griezmann and Martinez (potentially)

5 strikers, even for a team that often play 2 up top is more than enough.

Yep, So they now have Raul Jimenez, Vietto, Torres, Griezmann and Martinez (potentially)

5 strikers, even for a team that often play 2 up top is more than enough.

I think your being kind to Torres putting him in that company ☺

Disclaimer.

I don't watch European football so any upturn in form will be lost on me. Therefore my mocking is based purely on his last couple of season's with Chelsea.

Â