Christian Benteke

Kwan

We take the piss out of other teams fans for being delusional and having no clue and then we say Townsend isn't worth 7.5 million? Yet we want 32.5m for benteke? OK.

Except there is (apparently) a £32.5 release clause in his contract which we are perfectly within our rights to hold out for. He may not be worth that but it looks like a very clever move by the club to get that put in his contract when it was extended and he got a better deal.

Personally Beneteke at his best is probably worth that money. Both Bony and Lukaku were £28m so it feels about right to me.

We take the piss out of other teams fans for being delusional and having no clue and then we say Townsend isn't worth 7.5 million? Yet we want 32.5m for benteke

I am certain Levy will value Townsend at more around 15m, after all, they are asking for 10m for Younes Kaboul!

On the other hand Townsend is another Adam Johnson (on the football field, not sure about his habits off it!) Head down, run with ball, little end product, just occasionally do something that gets you noticed by fans of other teams. 

No swap for me, if Benteke is going get the full price and try to get some good, intelligent, football players in.

Edited by picicata

We take the piss out of other teams fans for being delusional and having no clue and then we say Townsend isn't worth 7.5 million? Yet we want 32.5m for benteke? OK.

Except there is (apparently) a £32.5 release clause in his contract which we are perfectly within our rights to hold out for. He may not be worth that but it looks like a very clever move by the club to get that put in his contract when it was extended and he got a better deal.

Personally Beneteke at his best is probably worth that money. Both Bony and Lukaku were £28m so it feels about right to me.

It was more about people saying Townsend isn't worth 7.5m when by today's prices he obviously is, how much did we pay for nzogbia?

We take the piss out of other teams fans for being delusional and having no clue and then we say Townsend isn't worth 7.5 million? Yet we want 32.5m for benteke

I am certain Levy will value Townsend at more around 15m, after all, they are asking for 10m for Younes Kaboul!

On the other hand Townsend is another Adam Johnson (on the football field, not sure about his habits off it!) Head down, run with ball, little end product, just occasionally do something that gets you noticed by fans of other teams. 

No swap for me, if Benteke is going get the full price and try to get some good, intelligent, football players in.

So he does more than most of our ineffectual lot then.

Heard Lukaku can go for £35 million now, so obviously Benteke is 32 all day long.

No way is Townsend worth 7.5m, and why should we take less than 32.5 m .?

Have you seen current transfer prices? 7.5 million is actually a snip for Townsend, that hardly gets you a Championship player these days

• Like 3

Just because Townsend would do more than our lot doesn't mean he is value for money or that's it supposedly a great deal. I look at Jefferson Montero who has been brilliant for Swansea who cost half of what Townsend would supposedly cost and has more to his game in what is his first season in the premier league. Townsend is very much a player with little end product. Lazy signing for me. Thankfully I don't see it happening.

Bony is ten times the player of Lukaku. Bony is probably the most well rounded striker in the league.

Ten times?

And what does 'well rounded' even mean?

I like Bony, he's a good player but he's not good enough IMO to play at the top table. 

Just because Townsend would do more than our lot doesn't mean he is value for money or that's it supposedly a great deal. I look at Jefferson Montero who has been brilliant for Swansea who cost half of what Townsend would supposedly cost and has more to his game in what is his first season in the premier league. Townsend is very much a player with little end product. Lazy signing for me. Thankfully I don't see it happening.

Agree.

He scored 1 in 2 in the most dire Villa side i've ever seen.

Imagine him getting service from the likes of Fabregas and Hazard.

football doesnt exactly work like that. Such a simplistic view the way you think its transferable.  

Its like saying Darrel Bent would have been a 35+ goal striker in his peak for arsenal because he scored over 20 goal in a season for a shit team. Amazing they decided to not pursue such a goal return....

It's not exactly transferable but you'd expect he could at least match his 1 in 2 record at a club like Chelsea and have a Drogbaesque career. He's played in the premier league and we know he can handle premier league defences.

The reason he's got 1 in 2 for us is that we're build around him. That's easy to do when he's your only top class player, but a lot harder to do when he's slotting into a team of similarly important players. The only way he goes somewhere major and continues that form is if he's a ready made replacement for someone else and nothing has to change in the team's formation or style to get the most out of him

I would not touch player exchanges with a barge pole especially with what happened and the Stephen Ireland debacle

Worked alright with Baros for Carew

• Like 1

Bony is ten times the player of Lukaku. Bony is probably the most well rounded striker in the league.

Ten times?

I like Bony, he's a good player but he's not good enough IMO to play at the top table.

Has most of the attributes.....can deal with most situations.

Edited by TRO

Are we really saying we wouldn't take Townsend here? We finished 17th last season and regularly battle relegation. It would be a case of him turning us down rather than us umming and arring.

• Like 3

Are we really saying we wouldn't take Townsend here? We finished 17th last season and regularly battle relegation. It would be a case of him turning us down rather than us umming and arring.

I'd take him. For a club like us who has survived relegation by the skin of our teeth for years, he would be a very good signing. 

I would imagine he would have far better offers than us. 

• Like 1

He scored 1 in 2 in the most dire Villa side i've ever seen.

Imagine him getting service from the likes of Fabregas and Hazard.

football doesnt exactly work like that. Such a simplistic view the way you think its transferable.

Its like saying Darrel Bent would have been a 35+ goal striker in his peak for arsenal because he scored over 20 goal in a season for a shit team. Amazing they decided to not pursue such a goal return....

It's not exactly transferable but you'd expect he could at least match his 1 in 2 record at a club like Chelsea and have a Drogbaesque career. He's played in the premier league and we know he can handle premier league defences.

The reason he's got 1 in 2 for us is that we're build around him. That's easy to do when he's your only top class player, but a lot harder to do when he's slotting into a team of similarly important players. The only way he goes somewhere major and continues that form is if he's a ready made replacement for someone else and nothing has to change in the team's formation or style to get the most out of him

I would not touch player exchanges with a barge pole especially with what happened and the Stephen Ireland debacle

Worked alright with Baros for Carew
I don't think he's that one dimensional. I think he's a brilliant striker who could fit in with just about any team's system, whether he be the main man or just one cog in the attacking setup.

Get him the ball and he scores. Even if he's 2nd fiddle at a club like Chelsea, he would get more good opportunity than he gets at Villa, surely.

Ten times?

Has most of the attributes.....can deal with most situations.

So did Heskey. 

Â