Christian Benteke

Kwan

It's hard to score with no service. Actualy neigh on impossible.

There was enough balls that went into the box but the lack of movement from both strikers was very obvious. Someone like Suarez would have been on the end of some of those balls. 

He may not have been great tonight but you really can't understate how good Ashley Williams was tonight. I would argue he is in the top 5 defenders in the premier league at the minute and would absolutely love him at Villa.

Agree he's right up there, 

Suarez is a player that can be effective with a minimal level of service.....but there again, one of the best strikers in world football.....much like Thierry Henry & Drogba

most do need constant service, like benteke

Edited by TRO

LOL @ people slagging off Benteke again based on one Belgium friendly

wasnt a friendly

LOL @ people slagging off Benteke again based on one Belgium match.

Sterling-Man city, Falco-Chelsea, Kane-Man utd so that just leaves Arsenal, otherwise...

You're Gonna have to settle for a Thursday night on BT Sport big man!

Could it be that Benteke is one of those strikers that needs to be centre of attention on the pitch? He seems to thrive when playing for us because he knows he is the main man but for Belgium he isn't and nor will he be playing for anyone higher than us.

Edited by sexbelowsound

He should stay where he is.

wouldnt surprise me if he did stay

It would me.

no doubt and yes his future is uncertain this summer, I just suspect it is not as nailed on that he leaves in the summer

To be a truly world class player you have to give consistently good performances, not 2 out of 4 games. Christian is yet to do this but he hasn't reached his peak years yet. At present he is a very good player and a slight notch above former Villa strikers like John Carew.

Really? He is much better than Carew for me. Looking at the two teams we had then and now I would argue benteke has done wonders to have the goal record he has at this club. He isn't the first nor the last that will probably find it more difficult at international level.

He is somewhere in between what most think he is.

he has great days and bum days.....he needs to level out his peaks and troughs.....much like the club team he plays for.

ps  I would take 32.5 Mill

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Belgium already look like another of those nations whose players generally won't replicate their club form at international level. I know it was their first tournament for ages but I thought they were pretty underwhelming in the World Cup also.

• Like 3

Â