Christian Benteke

Kwan

One good thing about him leaving is we will be a more good looking team, he must be the ugliest player to have ever played in the PL.

He's not even in the bottom 100.

Ok maybe Ian Dowie is worse, but then i cant think of anyone else.

It's not important to me how our players look, but evry time i have a girl here and villa are playing, there is a bigger chance she might just sit down and shut up and watch the game with me if she find the players attractive, instead of the usual "oh this is boring lets do something else"

And players like Benteke dont help.

God, it's going to be a long summer.

• Like 1

I think clubs are going to come in with silly 15-20m offers in the hope to unsettle him and try get him cheaper than the 32m.

Randy has played this game before and I have to say he's pretty good at it

• Like 4

I think clubs are going to come in with silly 15-20m offers in the hope to unsettle him and try get him cheaper than the 32m.

Randy has played this game before and I have to say he's pretty good at it
Benteke has too and ended up signing a new deal
  • Like 2

Which has no chance in hell of working because Downing went for 20 million and Sherwood has already said he will not be sold unless the release clause is met

• Like 1

I agree,

Maybe TS mentioning the release clause was for that very reason Ash - acknowledging there is one and that is the minimum we expect to start doing business with. If they don't match it, he won't be going.

£32.5m buys you a hello based on his contract so 'unsettling' him isn't going to work, absolutely no incentive to talk to anyone who offers below that sum. Benteke can sulk all he wants but he's not going to want to let that affect him too much in a European Championship year.

• Like 2

My assumption is that if they offer it all in one go, we're obliged to accept. If they offer it in any sort of structured payment plan, we aren't

Same. However, few transfers are payed in one go - especially now with FFP. So I wouldn't be surprised if we do accept a negotiated deal.

One good thing about him leaving is we will be a more good looking team, he must be the ugliest player to have ever played in the PL.

Skrtel, Lucas, Macherano, Aquilani basically Liverpool.

Aquilani? :S 

I don't expect Benteke to stay this time. Hopefully he moves abroad, I couldn't bear to see him turn out for Liverpool.

Edited by abdomlahor

He will go Liverpool and we'll get Richie lambert draw your own conclusions

I don't care where he goes but if we sign Lambert then I give up. I can't see Sherwood wanting Lambert myself. 

He is not yet consistent enough to be the main man at a club like Chelsea IMO. Would be a big gamble.

ditto

He is not yet consistent enough to be the main man at a club like Chelsea IMO. Would be a big gamble.

ditto

Great player on his day....its the off days that set him apart from the best.

Edited by TRO

Youthful impatience may cost him yet, easy for me to say but at his young age playing every game (for us) will help him more than competing with Sturridge and Balotelli at 'Pool or Chelsea's riches. Man Utd can't be in for him at £32.5m, they can pay for the very best and probably will with Van Persie off.

Â