Christian Benteke

Kwan

Who was it that said that Lerner didn't shake Benteke's hand?

Here is the screenshot from it, they did shake hands!!

11304381_10152879509536200_237899989_o.j

Of course but we still need to replace his goals and I'd be confident that a replacement like Austin would provide that.

As I said in another thread....players come and go that is the inevitability of it, sooner or later another great striker will pop up from somewhere and be a hero of the Holte End.

Look at the timeline since the 1970s...

Brian Little.........Peter Withe.....Andy Gray.....McNally (well he gets in the song).......Dwight Yorke......Dion Dublin.........JPA (not as good as those but still well loved).........Carew.............Darren Bent (first 6 months)......Benteke.

It's McInally not McNally

And actually I think we will be quite surprised how we cope without him because our game will have to change. We can't rely solely on one player/one way of playing.

It should change for the better as we need more goal threats on the pitch

AVFC

A few papers seem to be reporting that we're going to offer him a new deal in an attempt get him to stay. Suggestions of £75K per week.

It might take more than that but its a start.

Talksport saying just now that if we get offered 22-25 million that we'd probably take it cause we need the money.

Is it Talksport or Liverpool or are they the same?  :angry: "We need the money" - Have we become Small Heath since Saturday evening? 

Edited by John

$75k a week?

We should be offering him $150. Bent got that and Bent was shit. 

You're grossly misinformed here.

Yeah, no way Bent was playing for $150 a week  :)

• Like 1

I'm sure Tottenham and Liverpool fans said the same.

Reality is that it has to change, whether Benteke stays or not. We cannot rely solely on him.

Edit: meaning we need other goal threats.

Edited by AVTuco

Â