Christian Benteke

Kwan

Pfff i'm still depressed about this we Belgians have waited 12 years for this moment and now is our best striker injured :(

I absolutely adore the beast Belgian guy & losing his outstanding services in a claret & blue shirt till God knows how long is a real kick in the balls.

Like you I was really looking forward to watching him at the World Cup Finals too & would even allowed him 6 goals against England as long as we won 7-6.

My heart goes out to you Belgian guy because for you it is a double kick in the balls.

thanks for the kind words man it really cheered me up a bit.

• Like 1

Pfff i'm still depressed about this we Belgians have waited 12 years for this moment and now is our best striker injured :(

Yes it must be.  There's a lot on Lukaku's shoulders now. One player you couldn't do without is Hazard.

Hazard isn't even half as important for us as benteke is our whole attack was build on benteke now were like a bee without an angle :(

Lukaku is not ready to carry the weight of our team

and ofcourse it sucks for aston villa to i hope wer going to stay in the PL 

Yes it must be.  There's a lot on Lukaku's shoulders now. One player you couldn't do without is Hazard.

Hazard isn't even half as important for us as benteke is our whole attack was build on benteke now were like a bee without an angle :(

Benteke is awesome, but he's too good for our shambles of our team - he was off to Spurs before Villas Boas pulled the plug and would have been off at the first offer come the summer.

Lets hope he comes back stronger and when he does the club has found a new direction, one that'll make him want to stay

You'll be pleased that Januzaj has chosen to play for Belgium.

that's realism right out the window. Who won the away game at Croatia?

Benteke is one of the players that can be replaced, with Lukaku. He's a good player for Belgium, but plan B is just as good.

Saying that Hazard is not important is just rubbish.

Probably what everyone else were saying, but he is the only player being remotely fun to watch in our squad. Sad but true I guess. Sure we have a good goalkeeper, a decent stopper in Vlaar and a tackler in Delph (once in a while), but all of them are players most other teams have. The league is littered with good goalkeepers and every club has one or two enviable players, but Benteke is special. His top level is huge - so just imagine what he could have done with players like Lallana or even better players around him. I'm mentioning Lallana because he is the sort of player that we could have snapped up a few years ago on the cheap before anyone knew he was good. I guess that was the plan with Tonev et al, but we all know the score.

Benteke's injury was the worst that could happen to this team, but in the long (cynical) run it means we get to keep him for a good while I guess.

Hmm.. that's obviously not true. What about Lukaku? Many fans of other teams would say he is better (if only by an inch) than Benteke, and they are pretty similar. Insane physique, speed and an eye for a good shot, they are pretty much interchangeable.

Hazard is a world-class player good enough for pretty much every team in the world, he can change a game from nothing. Imagine him playing for Man City or Real Madrid, he would hammer in goals and provide assists just like the best of them. He is of course doing that at Chelsea as well, but we all know Mourinho thinks team/result before any player in his setup.

Hmm.. that's obviously not true. What about Lukaku? Many fans of other teams would say he is better (if only by an inch) than Benteke, and they are pretty similar. Insane physique, speed and an eye for a good shot, they are pretty much interchangeable.

Hazard is a world-class player good enough for pretty much every team in the world, he can change a game from nothing. Imagine him playing for Man City or Real Madrid, he would hammer in goals and provide assists just like the best of them. He is of course doing that at Chelsea as well, but we all know Mourinho thinks team/result before any player in his setup.

At The etihad stadium, Hazard was simply brilliant, the best player on the pitch by a mile. Probably the best young player in the world. 

Probably what everyone else were saying, but he is the only player being remotely fun to watch in our squad. Sad but true I guess. Sure we have a good goalkeeper, a decent stopper in Vlaar and a tackler in Delph (once in a while), but all of them are players most other teams have. The league is littered with good goalkeepers and every club has one or two enviable players, but Benteke is special. His top level is huge - so just imagine what he could have done with players like Lallana or even better players around him. I'm mentioning Lallana because he is the sort of player that we could have snapped up a few years ago on the cheap before anyone knew he was good. I guess that was the plan with Tonev et al, but we all know the score.

Benteke's injury was the worst that could happen to this team, but in the long (cynical) run it means we get to keep him for a good while I guess.

"A tackler in Delph" ?. That's probably the worst part of his game. For me, he is characterised by his surging forward runs, skipping past players like they weren't there.

Yes it must be. There's a lot on Lukaku's shoulders now. One player you couldn't do without is Hazard.

Lukaka is very fast once he gets going, but over 5 yards he actually is pretty slow unlike Bentekke who is lightening over the first few yards

Yes it must be. There's a lot on Lukaku's shoulders now. One player you couldn't do without is Hazard.

Going off topic but mourinho is probably one of the managers who will get the most out of Hazard.

On topic of course he is missed, he is the life of our team.

Regarding Benteke and Lukaku, i do think Benteke is more the complete player. At times you watch Everton and the ball bounces off Lukaku and he's not always in tine with the other players. He was in better form early season though. 

You'll be pleased that Januzaj has chosen to play for Belgium.

it eases the pain from the loss of benteke a little :P

Â