Christian Benteke

Kwan

This now really puts Lerner behind the 8 ball for investment in the summer.

There may have been a suggestion that the sale of Benteke was going to fund the summer window without the chairman having to dip into his pockets. This can no longer be the case and Lerner will now have to give the manager 20m plus wages just to secure our Premiership status next season.

Anything less and it simply won't wash with the fans and probably Lambert.

• Like 3

Agbonlahor and Weimann have shown all season that they're unsuited to their current positions. To keep them playing there and stick Holt up front, instead of going for a standard 4-4-2 would be insanity.

• Like 1

I don't see the reasoning behind putting Holt in now as first choice.

He won't be retained in the summer and with good reason so we must plan ahead for the start of next season without Benteke. Helenius must be given his chance now if we are not to purchase yet another striker as I'm not sure we should be relying on Kozak to pull us through.

Bent will also be available but I don't think Lambert will play him.

Edited by shaggy

You would think considering were practically safe that the manager would choose Helenius now blood him and give him some much needed prem experience

If he plays Holt you just have to question Lambert's decision making and why he even signed the bloke in the first place

• Like 1

Problem is with this 'we picked up points without him' is that we had kozak in his place. Not Holt.

But people had the same reaction as they're having now when benteke got injured earlier in the season. Nobody was saying 'its OK we've got kozak'. The point is that we showed before that all is not lost without benteke, time for someone else to shine.

You would think considering were practically safe that the manager would choose Helenius now blood him and give him some much needed prem experience

If he plays Holt you just have to question Lambert's decision making and why he even signed the bloke in the first place

I'd rather we went 442 with gabby and wiemann up front until we are actually safe.

Its shit news for the player, club and Country. He must be devasted. Is there anything wrong with our training methods? Kozak and Benteke Its not usual to get injuries in training is it. Like others have said the only positive for us is he will be with us next season but it also isn't good if he isn't 100% and if he had of had a good world cup we could have named our price and Lambert would have had sufficient funds to do a massive rebuild.

We still need some points to be safe and without our best player that may not be so easy. We don't want to go into our last two games needing anything.

Edited by PaulC

Problem is with this 'we picked up points without him' is that we had kozak in his place. Not Holt.

But people had the same reaction as they're having now when benteke got injured earlier in the season. Nobody was saying 'its OK we've got kozak'. The point is that we showed before that all is not lost without benteke, time for someone else to shine.

Maybe, just maybe people will appreciate Kozak more?

Yes and now we have Holt so its not quite the same as being without Benteke before.

I wouldn't hold your breath.

I think we'll struggle and won't win many games if Kozak is our lead striker next season personally. Oh and the football will still be horrible to watch.

It's a difficult one really this, ideally you get in a good striker in to fill the void but what happens when Benteke comes back.

I think the logical thing is to just find two decent attackin midfielders from somewhere so inject the side with so much more creativity and hope Gabby or Weimann have a purple patch with all the chances they'll get for the first 5-6 games of next season which will cover Benteke's absence.

I think we all question Lambert's decision making anyway.

Hope I'm wrong, but can't see him giving Helenus or the kids a chance. It will be Holt with Weimann playing off him.

Â