Christian Benteke

Kwan

I wonder whether this has helped our chances of keeping him next season? 

There's no chance he'll be leaving in the summer now. He could easily be out until next year though and even when he returns he won't be anywhere near match fit. Devestating blow for all concerned

Terrible news. No excuses for Lambert not to give Helenius a chance to shine under the circumstances for the rest of the season.

Never going to happen, this was why Holt was signed.

Fair enough. But do you really believe Holt can do 90? I agree he was signed for the coverage but his fitness is suspect. You're probably right Lambert will likely plug him in but the thought still makes me cringe.

Terrible news. No excuses for Lambert not to give Helenius a chance to shine under the circumstances for the rest of the season.

It's horrendous news whichever way you look at it.

He won't leave, we won't get money. He won't play, until probably after New Year. He needs to get back to full fitness, which takes even longer. He might not even come back as good as he was, might lose confidence etc etc.

Literally the worst thing that could have happened team-wise.

He won't leave, we won't get money. He won't play, until probably after New Year. He needs to get back to full fitness, which takes even longer. He might not even come back as good as he was, might lose confidence etc etc.

They say he'll be out for 6 months - so if all goes well he could be back by October.

Really shocked and disappointed about this. It's a shame for Villa of course, but I was looking forward to seeing him strut his stuff for Belgium in the World Cup, we won't have many players there after all. Hopefully he will be back better then ever next season.

Edited by Voinjama

They say he'll be out for 6 months - so if all goes well he could be back by October.

At least 6 months, of course the club will make it sound as positive as possible.

I'd bet he won't be back until at least New Year.

At least 6 months, of course the club will make it sound as positive as possible.

I'd bet he won't be back until at least New Year.

This doesn't really make any sense. 6 months is still a very long time. They didn't lie about Okore did they?

I very much doubt 6 months. That would be a very fast recovery. December at the earliest

For a normal person,maybe, but not for Big Daddy Benteke.  :) He will be back with vengeance in no time.

• Like 1

Assuming we're safe from relegation, and I do assume we're safe from relegation, is anyone else looking forward to seeing what we can do with this situation?

Hopefully we're not looking at Grant Holt putting in 630 minutes of mediocre performances, but I don't think we are. I think we'll see some of Helenius, Robinson, and maybe even Kozak. Should be interesting to say the least.

• Like 3

Can't say I'm gutted for him personally , he's a football mercenary as they all are. That's what us fans are told when they slap in transfer requests and go on strike etc.

"They have a short career, they have to get what they can while they can in case they get injured "

Well he's injured . He'll get over it in time.

My concern is avfc as a whole, not the sum of its parts and certainly not mercenary footballers.

• Like 1

Real shame for the player and for the club. He gets no World Cup and we are still not safe from relegation.

Has anyone done a how many points with and without for the season by any chance?

Assuming we're safe from relegation, and I do assume we're safe from relegation, is anyone else looking forward to seeing what we can do with this situation?

Hopefully we're not looking at Grant Holt putting in 630 minutes of mediocre performances, but I don't think we are. I think we'll see some of Helenius, Robinson, and maybe even Kozak. Should be interesting to say the least.

Kozak? I thought he was ages away from a return?

Horrible luck for him, he doesn't deserve this.

Good job we're nearly safe as imagine if this injury had happened this time last season...we'd be in the championship now in all probability.

We've seen with N'zogbia you don't exactly rush back from an Achilles injury so we have to be prepared for Benteke not being around for most of the first half of next season.

Vital that Lambert actually signs some creativity in midfield now to try to plug the gap. Heralding Kozak as the returning saviour isn't going to cut it.

Â