Christian Benteke

Kwan

I don't honestly see the hype with him tbh. Any striker in our team will be top goalscorer regardless of quality because we play one up top. I don't think it would be a bad idea dropping him for a game and giving him a kick up the arse.

He cuts a frustrated figure to me. It's all the hand gestures when he doesn't get the ball. Is it me but I don't remember that last season?

It wouldn't hurt our players giving him some better service every now and again. Pretty sure he'd have buried Gabby's chance.

The problem for me personally isn't Benteke. Its the lack of creative play. If he was fed he'd score. Made a few nice passes today, especially the back heel which Gabby should have finished, and got a few headers which were unfortunately blocked.

Don't see the problem tbh. Ok, he wasn't at the level we were expecting last season but he still created Gabby's sitter and the westwood/weimann chance. On another day/in a better team he'd have created 2 goals and everyone would be singing his praises. IMO opinion peoples hopes have been overexaggerated amdhis good play is disregarded in the expectation that everything is perfect. In a better team he would look significantly better. Still at least it may allow him to stay with us for another year.

Edited by EssexVilla

Â