Christian Benteke

Kwan

Arsenal badly need a striker to help Giroud, or replace him when he gets his ankles tapped when Arsenal next play one of the top four.  

Wenger's already scouted Benteke before we bought him.

He's available at a fee Arsenal would pay.

Lambert's already looking for a replacement and Benteke's conspicuously not playing well - which often happens when a player knows he is about to be sold.

Don't know Con people forget they have podolski  to come back and would it suit Benteke to sit on the bench. Be silly to sell him at this time.

With the creative players Arsenal he would be in the goals with just 15-20 minutes playing time at the end of games.

I agree it's only Arsenal who can take him. Liverpool don't have the depth of squad, aren't challenging for the PL and cannot guarantee same amount of playing time or goal scoring chances.

Man Utd are just a bit rubbish this year, although they'll probably get their three points as usual at their away home ground in a few weeks.

As for Kozak, a half bit Benteke is still better than him. 

I disagree, I think Kozak is better based on recent matches and form. Kozak is really unlucky not to be starting games, though I understand why he does not.

Kozak goes entire games without achieving anything of note at all.

The same can be said of Benteke unfortunately. 

Hes not 100% anyone can see that so dropping him for 1-2 games would be a good decision, boy has to know he can and will be dropped if he deserves to be.

I'd agree if we had decent cover. Kozak looks pretty poor. Maybe could try with Gabby as the main forward.

I really do not think we can afford to risk selling a proven scorer like Benteke in the next window. We need the goals he will bring during the rest of the season to be sure we do not end up needing points towards the end of this season to be sure of staying up. I would also like to think that he would want to stay with us having just signed a new contract and with a World Cup to look forward to. But I would guess he might want to go sooner rather than later and we would sell at £25m upwards to whatever club makes an offer that suits both him and us. The question would then be how much of any fee would be made available for players and how much would be used to repay the owner's investment. I would guess at around 25% on new signings so I see nothing to be gained by selling him and after all we are not a selling club or are we?     

If anything, he's trying to hard and not doing what comes naturally, due to lack of confidence. He'll get 'it' back, it'll just take a little time. In the meanwhile, I would start with Kozak and bring Benteke off the bench around 60 mins in.

• Like 2

If anything, he's trying to hard and not doing what comes naturally, due to lack of confidence. He'll get 'it' back, it'll just take a little time. In the meanwhile, I would start with Kozak and bring Benteke off the bench around 60 mins in.

That's not a bad idea as it goes. If his problem is physical still, gee him up for 30 mins flat out rather than tryign to nurture him through 90. Perhaps the same could be said for Weimann too. Start with Tonev and Kozak and then bring Benteke and Weimann on to go balls out for the last half hour.

As for him moving in January, that would cost more than £25m he was valued at in the summer but for the buyer you're perhaps getting him cheaper than if he has a good world cup. So for them the risk may be worth it, for Benteke though I don't think it would be worth it to go to Arsenal in Jan unless he gets guaranteed starts to win his world cup place.

Not to be controversial, but aside from the penalties, has Benteke really had much of a goal scoring chance?  He hit the bar and had a decent shot saved from Howard, but that was in just one game - I don't remember too many more since.  Last season he was scoring from half-chances, which made him exceptional.  In my opinion,  his first touch and jumping reach seem to be letting him down, but any striker will find it tough to score when there's noone creating good chances for him. 

• Like 1

This could definitely be an idea, but it would need to be explained to him beforehand, the last thing we need is a pissed off Benteke.

Weimann not so much, I think he will play himself back into form, and I am not convinced that we have anyone to bring in who will have the same threat.

I think an opposition defender would prefer to face Albrighton than an out of form Weimann. 

I fear that Benteke and his advisors will go all out to force a move in january.

He's getting no support playing for us atm and he doesn't look dedicated to the cause anymore. He must be getting sick of wrestling 2 or more defenders alone hoping to pull down one of Guzans hoofballs. I don't blame him.

Lukaku is playing with better players around him and have (partly because of Bentekes injury) passed him for Belgium.

If Tottenham sell Defoe and/or Adebayor in january i can see them coming for him again, same goes for Liverpool and probably some other top teams like who might lose their strikers, Dortmund maybe?

I fear that Benteke and his advisors will go all out to force a move in january.

He's getting no support playing for us atm and he doesn't look dedicated to the cause anymore. He must be getting sick of wrestling 2 or more defenders alone hoping to pull down one of Guzans hoofballs. I don't blame him.

Lukaku is playing with better players around him and have (partly because of Bentekes injury) passed him for Belgium.

If Tottenham sell Defoe and/or Adebayor in january i can see them coming for him again, same goes for Liverpool and probably some other top teams like who might lose their strikers, Dortmund maybe?

It will take a massive fee to sign Benteke in January. 

Think £25-30m will be enough to price him away unless he goes on an insane scoring streak during december.

If Tottenham is involved im sure there will be a player + money deal

Think £25-30m will be enough to price him away unless he goes on an insane scoring streak during december.

We received £20 Million for Ashley Young when he had a bad season and one year left on his contract.  

That will not happen for obvious reasons.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

I'd like to think that we've learnt our lesson when it comes to those.

• Like 1

Â