Christian Benteke

Kwan

What i dont understand is how he was kept on for 85min when he was obvs throwing his toys out of the pram. Kozac done more damage the 9 min he was on

There were a number of games last season where Benteke was anonymous, for most of the match, then won us the game, out of nowhere, so I can understand Lambert's hesitation to take him off.

I understand that, but we didnt have a similar sized player like kozac on the bench last season. In fairness it was pointless taking Bentekke off with 5 mins to go as kozac wasnt going to change anything then

The problem as I see it today was we passed the ball around about 10 yards away from their box for about 5 minutes at a time before putting in a lame cross, which usually didn't clear the first man, and when it did there was only Tekkers in the box with about 4 defenders around him.

It's no wonder he looked lifeless with that service and that amount of players around him... however, he did nothing to try to change it and looked completely uninterested... which is very worrying.

What i dont understand is how he was kept on for 85min when he was obvs throwing his toys out of the pram. Kozac done more damage the 9 min he was on

There were a number of games last season where Benteke was anonymous, for most of the match, then won us the game, out of nowhere, so I can understand Lambert's hesitation to take him off.

I understand that, but we didnt have a similar sized player like kozac on the bench last season. In fairness it was pointless taking Bentekke off with 5 mins to go as kozac wasnt going to change anything then

I think lambert did it to make a statement to Benteke.

Suffering from second season syndrome, not fully fit and appears frustrated with his own performances of late. As Lambert stated when the transfer saga blew up, he has the body of a man but maybe not the maturity of mind to accompany it.

That's the crux of the issue for me - he knows he's below the high standards he set last year and is struggling to play his way through it hence the poor body language.

You don't lose ability overnight and he will come good but maybe it's time to start Kozak and unleash the beast on a tiring defence rather than start him.

Probably one of the best players we've had and we're slagging him off because he's having a poor patch while not fully fit.

The likes of Westwood and lowton have been defended during poor patches with reasons about age and difficult to maintain form when young and inexperienced. Even albrighton who has been shit for years gets defended and we're gonna have a go at benteke?

Really strange.

What?

He's getting slagged off because he has deserved it, nobody is beyond criticism especially when you look like you don't give a shit and sulk everytime you dont get your own way. This is all classic second season syndrome thinking you've made it and only have to step out onto the pitch and it will happen.

He's getting slagged off because he has deserved it, nobody is beyond criticism especially when you look like you don't give a shit and sulk everytime you dont get your own way. This is all classic second season syndrome thinking you've made it and only have to step out onto the pitch and it will happen.

It's THIS. Nobody is really saying Benteke has lost his ability. And it looks to be so much more than a loss of form. His body language and the way he is acting is all wrong. This doesn't look like just a loss of form, more a loss of motivation.

Yes he is playing badly but for now cut him some slack and get behind him. The team needs him back on form, Rooney goes games putting in poor performances and comes back. So do lots of others. He is young and now targeted by opposing defenders plus we are playing crap for long periods of every came. He has my support and that will remain until ..... he hands another transfer request in January (Joke.. I hope!)

Unless he's still carrying an injury, I'd still play him. It will turn on for him

I thought that before today. But unless the ball presents itself to him 6 yards out - with an open goal, he won't score with performances like today's

Unless he's still carrying an injury, I'd still play him. It will turn on for him

I thought that before today. But unless the ball presents itself to him 6 yards out - with an open goal, he won't score with performances like today's

Maybe that is what he needs initially.  One goal of any kind will re-awaken the Beast.

Lots of teams have players that can put it on a plate for their strikers you know.

Edited by Wainy316

I think he has started to believe his hype. I think he believes he's undroppable. The best thing Lambert could do to remind him that he won't saunter to Brazil as our; and Belgium's; number 1 striker without earning it, is to drop him for a game to re-focus his mind. The way he's playing, it would benefit everyone.

• Like 3

Can someone explain what's happened from the first few games to now that means he now doesn't give a shit?

Must be a coincidence that he looks like he doesn't give a shit when coming back from an injury?

He looks frustrated to me.

The reasons why are actually irrelevant. He hasn't scored in 7 so his form warrants a rest. And it means he'll come back more determined.

Â