Christian Benteke

Kwan

C'mon Chesney "saved" it as well. Every GK in the PL knows what to do for a Benteke peno as he takes it the same way practically every time(has gone done the middle once?) I knew exactly where he was going to put as did Howard. Not an easy save but had done his homework and that's half the battle.

I fail to see how Howard or even you 'knew' where was going to go given he hit it pretty hard and high when a lot of the time he waits for the keeper to move and almost passes it into the net.

Benteke should still take penalties.

He missed at Arsenal but the 2nd penalty there was expertly converted.

Yesterday's was on target and it required a top save from Howard. It wasn't that dissimilar to the one Arteta scored against Palace.

It's hardly Angel terriority where he infamously missed twice at Fulham and missed a couple after that before he was finally taken off them.

Do it then. ;) Dropping Fellani and Dembele in their present form isn't that hard surely.

we already tryed it out against USA it was kinda working but it was just an experiment from wilmots. and since our normal line up is succesfull it would have been pointless to change tactics.

The penalty should have been retaken, but usually that rule is not always followed up. Shame, but luck is usually not on our side.

Yes you expect goalkeepers to move but amount he moved before Benteke took his kick was rediculous. Mind you Benteke should have been able to react to that.

He is having a tougher time of it this season so far than last season.

I can see why teams were reluctant to run in with massive offers for him in the summer.

If he struggles to get back to last seasons form we may well be able to hang on to him for another 12 months.

Thats a little unfair with him coming back from injury.

If what you say is right it will be interesting to see how he fairs when match fit and comes up against the defences in our next set of fixtures?

I can see why teams were reluctant to run in with massive offers for him in the summer.

If he struggles to get back to last seasons form we may well be able to hang on to him for another 12 months.

Four goals in four games before getting injured...

Four goals in four games before getting injured...

If you only look at that then yes it seems like he was in good form before the injury.

Watching the games tell a slightly different story. The two Arsenal goals were both penalties (one of which he missed) and neither came about from his own work. He was largely a passenger in that match.

I don't think he has been in top form at all yet this season which bodes well for us if he can get back to the unplayable form he had at the end of last season.

his injuries may be an effect, but I think it is also the team not playing well around him....wiemann in particular was playing well with him last term...his form at present is absent.

The most positive thing from Saturday against Everton is that Benteke now has a solid 90 minutes under his belt. Even a clearly half fit Benteke still caused them problems especially early on.

As for the penalty, it was struck at a decent height for the keeper to make the save & Howard anticipated the the shot well.

For our next penalty award I would get Bacuna to take it, then, instead of shooting I'd get him to square it to the `clued in` beast & get him to smash it into the net as the mugged off goalie is still picking himself up off the floor, having already dived.

Â