Christian Benteke

Kwan

Tough call.

My feeling is that he was fit last week & has trained with Belgium this week. I would have liked him to have had an easy 20 minutes against Wales in what was the equivalent of a friendly with nothing at stake.

Kozac has come in & done a great job for us, not letting us down in the 3 games he's played in. he scored the winner at Norwich & made the winner against Man City.

Who'd be a manager?

My guess is that Villa will asses Benteke, pass him fit & start him. I'd do the same & suspect he was probably fit before last week but Villa wanted to err on the side of caution by not wishing him to play for Belgium-Again. I'd have done the same.

As for idiots thinking Spurs is not winnable-What do they think Man City was? Thank God that our players don't think the same, otherwise there would be no point any of us turning up on Sunday & we could all get the lawns mowed instead.

Benteke will be on the bench, saved for more winnable games.

No way he's on the bench. He's been watching games from the bench for the last week, despite training with the Belgium squad. He says that he feels good, we know what he's like, he's young, hungry and wants to play. Lambert has said he trusts the lads judgement these past few weeks allowing him away with Belgium. He's on that starting sheet for me and to be honest I think I'm going to back him to score a few too. He has a habit of it when we're on TV! Come on the beast!!!

& made the winner against Man City.

I've read this twice.

Kozak did not touch the ball for the winner against city.

So a player has to touch the ball to be involved? Did he just stay on the ground while Kompany went up by himself? Perhaps 'made the winner' is too strong, but without Kozak's challenge in the air, the ball doesn't run through to Andi.

As for idiots thinking Spurs is not winnable-What do they think Man City was? Thank God that our players don't think the same, otherwise there would be no point any of us turning up on Sunday & we could all get the lawns mowed instead.

Calm down petal, don't think anyone had said it isn't winnable.

If I see another game like the Man City one at Villa Park for the next three seasons I'll be surprised. We did incredibly well to win 3-2 in a game we saw so little of the ball, it wasn't a great "performance", and normally we would lose games like that 4-0... a bit like Spurs in the League Cup.

the way I see Benteke is our investment in our future.. we really need him to stay fit and score 20 plus goals this season. Smash it in the world cup and then we sell him for 40-50 million and Paul gets a good amount of coin to reinvest and make us top 8 contenders again. Basically what Tottenham did with Bale ;)

the way I see Benteke is our investment in our future.. we really need him to stay fit and score 20 plus goals this season. Smash it in the world cup and then we sell him for 40-50 million and Paul gets a good amount of coin to reinvest and make us top 8 contenders again. Basically what Tottenham did with Bale ;)

Bold statement, Cotton.

a fired up benteke who feels like he's making up for lost time is exactly what we need.... great effort by the team in his absence, and with him coming back to lift people's games even more - lets hope sunday is a rip roaring continuation of this season's much stronger start....

also suspect vertonghen would not dream of any debagging shenanigans on the mighty bentekkers....

UTV

& made the winner against Man City.

I've read this twice.

Kozak did not touch the ball for the winner against city.

So a player has to touch the ball to be involved? Did he just stay on the ground while Kompany went up by himself? Perhaps 'made the winner' is too strong, but without Kozak's challenge in the air, the ball doesn't run through to Andi.

I've read he made the goal and someone else credited him with an assist for the winner.

I never said he didn't help but he didn't touch the ball. You've even agreed it's too strong.

a fired up benteke who feels like he's making up for lost time is exactly what we need.... great effort by the team in his absence, and with him coming back to lift people's games even more - lets hope sunday is a rip roaring continuation of this season's much stronger start....

also suspect vertonghen would not dream of any debagging shenanigans on the mighty bentekkers....

UTV

UTV

Have you seen who the Ref is? 

I think we'd be better off giving CB another week off to fully recover as he has a very high probability of being sent off for "running too quickly" or something with Phil Dowdgy in charge then we'd be without him again for a couple of games. It's a guaranteed loss anyway now with this guy in charge.

Strange isn't it how the guy gets put in charge of a game when the Big fancied team has recently come a cropper & are in need of a win  :unsure:

Edited by danceoftheshamen

UTV

What I'd give to bring Kozak on for Benteke after his hattrick at 3-0 up just to break Vertonghen's nose, my good I hate Spurs.

• Like 3

I wonder if the ref will have the balls to do something should a player gets his pants pulled down this time round

Seeing as it's Phil Dowd, he'll probably send off the player who has his pants pulled down for indecent exposure.

• Like 1

Â