Christian Benteke

Kwan

I think they were weary because of his groin issues towards the end of last season (when apparently he was playing through the pain, couldn't actually tell to be honest). The guy is a warrior.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 1

Post match interview on the website and no mention of a knock or injury to Benteke according to Lambert.

Yup as I said, just weary because of whatever was wrong before and also his lack of fitness I guess.

Apparently some of the others will be back soon too, fingers crossed we have a decent squad by Walsall so they can get the first team comfortable together!

Even if there isn't a release clause, there must have been some kind of promise from the club/Lambert that he can move next year if he wants to

How is that different from a release clause?

The club can't say no to a contractual clause, but they could choose to say no to a gentleman's agreement. Not that they would of course, but the difference is that legally they could.

Watching Spurs vs Sunderland in that Asia tour - they desperately need a Benteke type player I can't believe they didn't sign him

Someone also has a sign that said 1-6 :'(

Spurs arent really all that without Bale, they proved that last season.

And i take it a spuds fan had that sign? Why the sad face that was a great night :) - still got it saved on my sky+

Watching Spurs vs Sunderland in that Asia tour - they desperately need a Benteke type player I can't believe they didn't sign him

Spurs arent really all that without Bale, they proved that last season.

And i take it a spuds fan had that sign? Why the sad face that was a great night :) - still got it saved on my sky+

So have I and it was a crying with laughter face :P

• Like 1

I can't believe it looks like they are now going to spend £26m of 28 year-old Soldado having balked at that price for Benteke. They will live to regret that. Their loss, our gain.  :thumb:

• Like 2

I wish everyone would pipe down on how great Benteke is. I pray he scores 30 but if he has a drop off due to all the attention he will now get then I hope people understand that.

He is being setup to be knocked down and it worries me because we need him to at least have a reasonably good year.

• Like 2

I feel sorry for teams like Crystal Palace. They'll get absolutely destroyed by Christian :lol:.

Like Bradford were? :P

To be fair, he did score against them.

Honestly, if that tie was played in May instead of January we would've battered them 9-3.

Â