Christian Benteke

Kwan

He will get better. He is driven by money. Those people usually succeed. He has the hunger to go onto bigger and better things. He wont settle for 60k a week and staying at VP. He has all the attributes to be a world class striker. In my opinion.. i think he will get there. We will look back and think... i cant believe we used to have him.

25 goals in the league next season with a move to a big club after the world cup. (finishing semi finals with Belgium). Theres my prediction. We can look back at it and laugh next year!

The thing about second season syndrome is that usually players have a specific game type which gets sussed.

Firstly, I doubt we will find Benteke all of a sudden losing aerial battles. It will be hard for people to 'suss' what is pure physicality. Unless we see a load of defenders growing a few inches and putting on some core muscle.

Secondly, I think there is too much in his locker for defenders to plot against him. He is very unique in the way he has great technical ability on the floor for a big guy, nutmegs, flicks and tricks, back heels etc. These things are hard to read and come out of nowhere.

I genuinely think he can only get better because of how well rounded his game is.

• Like 1

The thing about second season syndrome is that usually players have a specific game type which gets sussed.

Firstly, I doubt we will find Benteke all of a sudden losing aerial battles. It will be hard for people to 'suss' what is pure physicality. Unless we see a load of defenders growing a few inches and putting on some core muscle.

Secondly, I think there is too much in his locker for defenders to plot against him. He is very unique in the way he has great technical ability on the floor for a big guy, nutmegs, flicks and tricks, back heels etc. These things are hard to read and come out of nowhere.

I genuinely think he can only get better because of how well rounded his game is.

Excellent point, I agree entirely. Compare the goal away at WBA to the one away at Anfield, then compare them to the one at home to Chelsea or the goals against Sunderland. He has everything in his locker.

• Like 1

Excellent point, I agree entirely. Compare the goal away at WBA to the one away at Anfield, then compare them to the one at home to Chelsea or the goals against Sunderland. He has everything in his locker.
Yup, it's too much for a defender to read it all.

People may think I'm crazy but it reminds me of how defenders would concentrate on trying to beat Peter Crouch in the air, who wasn't very strong at all, completely forgetting what he was capable of on the ground and the type of shots he could pull off.

Benteke is a great deal better technically than Crouch and is definitely a lot stronger, quicker and more agile so god knows what we will see this season, especially if he says he wants to improve.

Edited by samjp26

He will not be a one-season wonder & even if he has a poor season,he will still command a move if heshines in the WC

To suggest he is not motivated by money is a tad romantic but a bigger club usually go hand in hand with more money

For us to keep him,he needs a poor WC & a poor season & this jut won't happen.

What Benteke really needs to improve on is converting the bread & butter chances-It was a problem that Genk fans highlighted & its a problem that remained last year.

In the dark days of last winter,I promised myself that if Benteke (or anyone else) could perform well enough to keep us up then that was more important than whet happened transfer-wise in the summer.As it transpires,we've got another season with him so no complaints from me.Just regret really that he won't be around if & when we're competing fo top 6 again

If we finished top 6 then I wouldn't see him leaving as his value to us would be extremely high, maybe too high unless one of the really big clubs wanted him. We'd also possibly have European football.

If we finished top 6 then I wouldn't see him leaving as his value to us would be extremely high, maybe too high unless one of the really big clubs wanted him. We'd also possibly have European football.

Top 6 is probably a tad optimistic next season.I am accepting that one of the big clubs WILL be in for him in 12 months time.Once this happens,we won't hold onto him-As seen with Yorke,Barry,Milner & Young.

Pessimists.

He will be world class and he will stay. Why? Because we will win things and match his ambition.

UTV and none of this "he will move to a big club" bollocks. He is at a big club. we need to show it.

Hate to break it to you but we won't be winning anything for a very long time and he will most likely be gone next summer.

Top 6 is probably a tad optimistic next season.I am accepting that one of the big clubs WILL be in for him in 12 months time.Once this happens,we won't hold onto him-As seen with Yorke,Barry,Milner & Young.

Tad? more than tad I think. Also why would finishing top 6 keep him here when his talents are way beyond that of playing for a top 6 side.

Tad? more than tad I think. Also why would finishing top 6 keep him here when his talents are way beyond that of playing for a top 6 side.

I was responding to the poster above me, top 6 is extremely optimistic.

He's had 1 good season, I think saying he is already "way beyond a top 6 side" MIGHT be jumping the gun a bit. If it was true, he wouldn't have oppted to stay.

There is one simple reason why Christian Benteke is going to get even better still & that is simply because of his Manager & mentor Paul Lambert.

There is no limit to what Christian Benteke can achieve in the game & the longer he stays at Villa park, the better both he & the team are going to become & the more his already significant potential  transfer value is going to increase exponentially. (Remember too we now have him on a 4 year contract further protecting our own over all  bargaining position of the player)

This really is undoubtedly a win, win, win situation for both Benteke & our club & most of all our loyal & vocal fans who were unbelievable in sticking with Lambo & the team last season & who ultimately deserve nothing less than to share in the joy of a long awaited Villa renaissance.

"Goal! Christian Benteke! Viva The Villa!"

Edited by villa-revolution
  • Like 2

He's had 1 good season, I think saying he is already "way beyond a top 6 side" MIGHT be jumping the gun a bit. If it was true, he wouldn't have oppted to stay.

I think he has stayed because no one wanted to match our valuation and it is a world cup year, so he needs to be playing at a high level on a regular basis this season or he will lose his place to Lukaku.

I think he has stayed because no one wanted to match our valuation and it is a world cup year, so he needs to be playing at a high level on a regular basis this season or he will lose his place to Lukaku.

In terms of playing in the world cup I think Lukakus situation at Chelsea will vindicate CBs decision to stay with us!

• Like 1

If he was already a sure thing for a top club a top club would have met our valuation.

According to express and star he is now on 56k per week, not too bad.

Not too bad, I'd say 60k will be the max we will go for sometime, if we could get rid of a few more we would be in a very nice position!

Â