Christian Benteke

Kwan

I have a question. Now that Benteke is staying, will he miss the Arsenal game because of the Chelsea red card? Actually now that I think about it, he should be ok cause it was two yellows.

Correct - served 1 match ban against wigwam

• Like 1

Benteke and Carroll are both 6'3. Think of it this way, if they were both half a foot shorter what would it look like? Benteke would still be very decent but Carroll would be totally useless.

Wrong.

About what?

Carroll is a good player. But to call him world class is just ridiculous. Could he play for any of the best teams in the world? Of course not. That's why he's at West Ham. Could Benteke play for some of the best teams in the world? If he has another season like last year i'm pretty sure he will. 

Benteke and Carroll are both 6'3. Think of it this way, if they were both half a foot shorter what would it look like? Benteke would still be very decent but Carroll would be totally useless.

Wrong.

About what?

You honestly believe that he's only employed as a footballer because he's taller than the average male?

Wrong.

About what?

You honestly believe that he's only employed as a footballer because he's taller than the average male?

I didn't say that. What I did say was that without his height and strength (which he uses very well) then he likely wouldn't even be playing in the PL.

Rumours coming from Punto Pelota,a Spanish football TV programme that Athletico have lodged an 80e million (£68k) bid for Bale

If true,its not turning out to be the best of summers for Spurs :D

They have no money.

Wrong.

About what?

I didn't say that. What I did say was that without his height and strength (which he uses very well) then he likely wouldn't even be playing in the PL.

Ok fair enough but I think Carroll gets a lot of hate for no particular reason. I think he has a lot of talent myself.

Carroll is awful. Pretty sure Benteke nearly scored last season what Carroll has scored in the last three years.

He had one decent season in the Championship in 2009 where he scored 17 goals, that's it really.

As for Chadli, I have no idea why Spuds are buying more midfielders when they can't afford a top striker. Levy really should save his money up.

Carroll is awful. Pretty sure Benteke nearly scored last season what Carroll has scored in the last three years.

He had one decent season in the Championship in 2009 where he scored 17 goals, that's it really.

As for Chadli, I have no idea why Spuds are buying more midfielders when they can't afford a top striker. Levy really should save his money up.

he isn't a really midfielder he's more a winger/striker/playmaker he can play anywhere in a attacking role. and for only 7m€ its a real catch tbh i wanted him to come to aston villa tough :(

Edited by Belgian guy

he isn't a really midfielder he's more a winger/striker/playmaker he can play anywhere in a attacking role. and for only 7m€ its a real catch tbh i wanted him to come to aston villa tough :(

I understand his role, in fact I think him, Bale and Lennon could be a deadly trio. But Spurs need a striker up top to play them behind, they only have Adebayor and Defoe, that's why everybody is confused that they aren't buying a striker.

Rumours coming from Punto Pelota,a Spanish football TV programme that Athletico have lodged an 80e million (£68k) bid for Bale

If true,its not turning out to be the best of summers for Spurs :D

£68k? We should be in ourselves at that price ;)

I can't see bale going to athletico but if they have bid then it might flush others to come out and bid - spurs will have no hope of getting top four without bale in my view- he was far and away the man who made it all tick for them.

Â