Christian Benteke

Kwan

The part that interested me most though was hearing lambert already knows the man he wants to get with any CB money. sounds promising!

thats hardly news

uv got a cheek with all your previous ITK balls that turned out to be nonsense.

and what exactly have I said that is nonsense? why do so many people want so shoot anyone down who claims to have a bit of information? its not as if im unearthing a massive coup! just information like I said

its called shoot the messenger....when you know you are castigated for knowing in advance of anyone else.....in the dictionary its classified under " jealousy"

95% of it is attention seeking bollocks

Was going to re=follow him on Twitter but his account doesn't seem to exist anymore.

Was going to re=follow him on Twitter but his account doesn't seem to exist anymore.

he never had a twitter account - the one you are thinking of was a parody.

he is on twitter... @bentekechris20

If i wasn't posting via a virgin media superhub, you'd have got that message faster

Cheers lads, I tried searching for him but only the fake accounts showed up :/

ahhhhhhh same ... thanks for the official link :)

• Like 1

Where's Woodytom, with his "People said I was negative, I said I'm realistic. And I was right" ...

Well now this has happened, it makes you negative Tom ;)

Did he really say that: "I was right"? Good grief. Reminds me of the kind of thing Alan Partridge would say.

Nah, not in those words, to be fair! But something to that effect!

Fantastic news... and a massive statement in that we are not prepared to be bullied into selling players, the next few years are going to be quite promising and with the likes of Benteke, Weimann, Lowton, Okore, Westwood, Sylla et-al on our books we needed to show we are not going to just roll over and give in the second a club comes sniffing. UTV

I wonder what the true version of events was:-

1.He was always going to stay and was just after a pay rise ? -

Thing is had he moved even to the likes of spurs \ liverpool he was probably have got a bigger wage - Don't really think money was his prime motive here

2.He put himself in the shop window - and none of the big clubs made a move.

This is what I believe - Chelsea , Man City , didn't bat an eye lid - and spurs got cold feet. I think he thought the best way to get a move to a top club is another good season at villa.

3.He was set to move - but Lambo talked him out of it

I suppose this could be part of (2) - But still think had a big club came in, a chat with Lambo wouldn't cut it

Im chuffed to bits - got crackin seats for next season - when I was lookin at them last week - I was thinkin what a damm shame Benteke won't be here .......whoop, whoop, 

Fantastic news. We're a top class AM away from attacking the top 4.

There's a hugely experienced Dutch one in his prime currently rotting in Turkey.

What are you smoking my I ask :blink::P

If we get into Top 10 this season, it will be a success after what we had to endure this season...

FFS why does everyone keep saying this when I'm proved right every time?!

I'll say it again, for quoting and using it against me later. With an AM the quality and stature of Sneijder and we would be within a few points of the top 4 at the end of the season. We were in Europa league form from march onwards last season with a leaky defence and no strength in depth. Both have been addressed, and if we added some top quality to the side it's not that big of a jump to think we'll be up there next season. Bloody hell even WBA with a pretty poor squad were close.

The big question though is are we better with an attacking midfielder (a la N'Zog) o with a more defensivey minded one (a la Sylla)?

I personally believe we are too front loaded with the front 3 and an attacking midfielder behind them.During that dreadful run through December & January,the midfield struggled as much as the defence did-We have options with Sylla & Tonev/others.We are building a young vibrant side-I'm happy to continue along this road-Aging players generaly haven't worked for us in recent years & I can't see Lambert ever buying one anyway

I really like Sylla in what appears to be more ways than one.

He would would be in my current Villa Line up.

I always have had a soft spot for ball winners.

Smetrov//

Think Spurs made a ridicoulus move(bid) and Lambert used that in his speech and contract offer to CB and his agent yesterday. They accepted our bid quickly after that.

Would love to see Belgium play Brazil in the 2014 WC & Benteke score 6 goals against them. Imagine Benteke's price then?

If he scores 25-30 goals for us next season & then plays out of his skin in Brazil & finishes top scorer of the tournament we could be looking at the first £100M transfer.

I know, I know, crazy post, but I'm just so happy we've got our real talisman signed up & am loving today. It's just been wild.

One thing for absolute certain is that in Christian Benteke we have a big, big player on our hands. A real game changer no doubt about it.

Now just let me crack open another beer off joey 55's head :P:)

Over the moon that Benteke is staying - get in there! Well played to Lambo for persuading him as well!

A special mention for Spurs too:

Aston Villa 18 winners or runner ups in the League and European Cup combined.

Tottenham 6 winners or runner ups in the League and European Cup combined.

Class is permanent, form is temporary! :P

oooooooohhhhhh Christian Benteke!

oooooooohhhhhh Christian Benteke!

Smetrov//

Think Spurs made a ridicoulus move(bid) and Lambert used that in his speech and contract offer to CB and his agent yesterday. They accepted our bid quickly after that.

You mean the spurs offer, in terms of wages, was less than the deal that Bentekke signed today with villa.

Or Lambo said spurs only value you @ £12m - you can do better than that 

• Like 1

Smetrov//

You mean the spurs offer, in terms of wages, was less than the deal that Bentekke signed today with villa.

Or Lambo said spurs only value you @ £12m - you can do better than that 

The latter, they obviously not value you very high speech

Â