Christian Benteke

Kwan

Just read the news now, wooooooooooooooooooot!

In the back of my mind, this was always a possibility, once he was back in training. I think Lambert as well as his teammates should be applauded for reeling him back into the fold. 

This is fantastic news!

This really doesn't happen to Aston Villa. Maybe after all these years the luck is going our way?

Like everyone else I was resigned to losing Benteke and although i believe we have bought players with potential I was envisaging another mediocre season.

Now however we have a real chance to progress, play some exciting football and make up for some of the disappointment over the years.

I hope PL can follow this coup up, by signing another CB & AM. If Benteke can carry on in the same form as last season, we really might start to fly again!!

Happy days, the sun is shining even brighter today :-)

Edited by MikeMcKenna
  • Like 2

The actual eff. Our team is better with him in it but we reward a transfer request with a pay rise? Wow.

No no. He's being rewarded for a fantastic season last year with a pay rise. And he deserves it.

• Like 1

Maybe the transfer request has driven the wage that Villa were offering up a little?

There will probably be a buy out clause but most have always accepted a repeat of last season will open doors to bigger things for him anyway.

Must admit,I had him down as gone-I'm delighted that I was proven wrong & console myself in the fact that I said £60k max in the recent poll regarding what we should pay him.Hats off to his agent-He's got as good a deal as he could have for his player.Now f'ck off back to Belgium you fat slug.

• Like 3

Â