Christian Benteke

Kwan

To be fair I don't know what he's supposed to do...no ones made a bid, which is speaking volumes to me at the moment, I don't know what Spurs are doing, this is starting to take the piss. If they would have bid £18 million then fair enough, but all the Journos seem to still think there is no bid.

What are they waiting for?

Rather than Levy playing a waiting game with the assumption that as every day passes his camp get stronger..... Villa could stipulate 25 mill by a certain date and increments of 1 mill increase until transfer deadline day.

After all said and done Villa deserve some sort of compensation built in for the disruption to their season.

That would also show Benteke where the main source of obstacle is coming from, if he doesn't already know.

As per the club's confirmation of the transfer request; I strongly suspect that there will be no negotiations after a certain date. I'm not saying that date has already passed, but if he's still here in two weeks, then I'd put my hat on him being here on September the first.

NB: I have no hat, but you get the point.

I take your point shillz.

However, I still have this sneaky feeling Villa also want this deal done, now Benteke has declared his position with the club.

He is a most valued player, but he is also now soiled goods. He is not mentally in the groove with us, I don't think he ever has been if I'm being honest , despite his goals.

Football is all about togetherness and TEAM objectives....I've always had this feeling he is just out for himself a lot more than the quintessential football player.

I have a hunch Villa think we could do a lot more with the money.

To be fair I don't know what he's supposed to do...no ones made a bid, which is speaking volumes to me at the moment, I don't know what Spurs are doing, this is starting to take the piss. If they would have bid £18 million then fair enough, but all the Journos seem to still think there is no bid.

I think its quite obvious what they are trying to do....question is how Villa will play this once it goes much further?

so did he show up? btw whats is itk?

Yeah he showed up. ITK means 'in the know'. People who supposedly know what's going on in the club regarding transfers and all that stuff.

We are all in the know because we know most of the in the knows are not in the know except those few in the know that we know are in the know.

I think its quite obvious what they are trying to do....question is how Villa will play this once it goes much further?

I think its even more obvious that they simply don't have enough money.

This is Spurs, not Chelsea or Citeh. How can they possibly afford nearly £50m on two players without:

A: Selling a bunch smaller assets (Adebayor £5m, Huddlestone £5m etc.)

B: Selling their biggest asset for a large fee (Bale £60m)

I'm sorry but they're going into the Europa League, they don't have a multi-billionaire owner and they certainly don't turnover huge amounts profit.

Breaking their transfer fee record twice within a month or so is no small feat.

I will be staggered if is still with us after deadline day.

There has to be a bid of course.

PS if he carries on as if nothing has happened ..I suspect Spurs have briefed him to the timing of their bid. Otherwise he would be kicking up a fuss with Spurs, right now.

PPS This transfer saga is just a systematic process of getting him on the cheap. Hope Villa stand firm on the deadline date, unless as I've as I've said earlier Villa want the Money/him gone.

Yeah he showed up. ITK means 'in the know'. People who supposedly know what's going on in the club regarding transfers and all that stuff.

We are all in the know because we know most of the in the knows are not in the know except those few in the know that we know are in the know.

How do you know that?

Look at David Villa Spurs dithered the same way so he went elsewhere.

What were they dithering over though, he only went for 4.4m! Wages? Its David Villa, what did they think they were gonna get away with paying him?

Spurs actually agreed a higher fee than that  ...so much for Levy the great :)

• Like 1

This is Spurs, not Chelsea or Citeh. How can they possibly afford nearly £50m on two players without:

I'm sorry but they're going into the Europa League, they don't have a multi-billionaire owner and they certainly don't turnover huge amounts profit.

Their Owner ENIC ..Jo Lewis is the majority shareholder worth and estimated $4.2 billion dollars

How do you know that?

He knows ya know

Their Owner ENIC ..Jo Lewis is the majority shareholder worth and estimated $4.2 billion dollars

Relatively thats peanuts!

Okay, apologies, but you catch my drift. If they had got their CL place I would understand a bit of cash splashing but nothing has dramatically changed for them to become big spenders without the need to sell.

No doubt they could be waiting to try and get him cheaper now but I don't think we will agree to do so.

Oh and for those who say Spurs don't do high wages, Parker is on about £70k-£80k a week, Adebayor £100k a week. They need to shift these type of players if they want to spend!

Edited by samjp26

He doesn't bank roll the club though reading through the Spurs forums...

Rather than Levy playing a waiting game with the assumption that as every day passes his camp get stronger..... Villa could stipulate 25 mill by a certain date and increments of 1 mill increase until transfer deadline day.

After all said and done Villa deserve some sort of compensation built in for the disruption to their season.

That would also show Benteke where the main source of obstacle is coming from, if he doesn't already know.

As per the club's confirmation of the transfer request; I strongly suspect that there will be no negotiations after a certain date. I'm not saying that date has already passed, but if he's still here in two weeks, then I'd put my hat on him being here on September the first.

NB: I have no hat, but you get the point.

I take your point shillz.

However, I still have this sneaky feeling Villa also want this deal done, now Benteke has declared his position with the club.

He is a most valued player, but he is also now soiled goods. He is not mentally in the groove with us, I don't think he ever has been if I'm being honest , despite his goals.

Football is all about togetherness and TEAM objectives....I've always had this feeling he is just out for himself a lot more than the quintessential football player.

I have a hunch Villa think we could do a lot more with the money.

Whilst I agree with what you're saying he's still young. Just because he doesn't see it Villa's way now doesn't mean he won't ever. If he ends up staying and we do really well this season, Villa fans take him back he might mature and realise what he has here and how beneficial staying at Villa will be for him. People change, opinions change and young players mature and grow up. In a months time the transfer might not materialise and he might have a wake up call. I do feel however that the quicker he offloads that agent of his the better. Watching the way he's played and his mannerisms he looked like he loved playing for us. I know that sounds stupid to say lol. But with the agent talking, most likely being approached by Spurs behind closed doors and other players like Hazard being in his ear about how he deserves this and that it has no doubt swayed his decision and opinion on us. I still think he can be swayed back I guess is my point so I wouldn't condemn his existence as a Villa player until he's transferred away is my point.

Â