Christian Benteke

Kwan

Well this will give Lambert a chance to get into his head and hopefully talk a bit of sense into him. Ill give him 1 week from today to have a change of heart and then might just be able to force myself to forgive him :blink:

David Villa ended up choosing to join Atletico instead of Spurs cause he was sick of Levy dragging the deal out. The same is happening here.

What signal does that send to Benteke? He wanted a quick resolution, but they still haven't even bid. I'd be pissed and feel like i've been messed around with.

Just  bid for him if you want him you cheapskate c***s.

I read that today. Here's Mr Villa's quote "It is true the idea was for me to go to the Premier League, because the biggest offers came from there. But then Atletico Madrid showed up and they did more in three days than others did in months."

I'd laugh if after all this Spurs bollox he ended up taking the russian shilling and freezing his arse off at Anzhi Makakalakalaka or whatever they are called. His agent would be laughing his way to the bank too, but poor little Christian won't be playing for Belgium any time soon.

why should he not play anymore for belgium ? axel witsel also plays for zenit st. petersburg and he is our defensive midfielder. in his time at genk he already turned down some ukrain club where he could make tons of money.

I was just about to mention Axel Witsel in response.

Anyway tomorrow is judgement day, we will know where Bentekes head is at. Will he even show up, time will tell.

Colley is also pretty adamant on twitter we are fully expecting him back tomorrow. I really hope he turns up and doesn't start dicking about.i don't hate him at the moment even after asking for a transfer but I will do if he refuses to turn up and put the shifts in until he gets his dream move to 5th in the league.

Kristof Terreur‏@HLNinEngeland5m

Surprise. Christian #Benteke travelled to Birmingham today. He'll join the squad tomorrow. No bid of #THFC has arrived. #AVFC

Would be nice if true, draw a line under this, settle him down for a 30 goal season with us and let him go to Real for £60m next July.

Piece of piss this football lark.

Then with the money lambert will find 10 players for £6m that will complete the squad get us in teh champs league, we sell 5 of them for £300m and cement our place in the top 4. sorted.

Edited by romavillan
  • Like 1

He'll show up tomorrow, walk into the locker room, see Jores Okore's smile, and be some overcome with joy that he signs a new 4 year deal. It's going to be a good day.

That'd be a result. We'd get another season out of him :)

• Like 1

Kristof Terreur‏@HLNinEngeland5m

Surprise. Christian #Benteke travelled to Birmingham today. He'll join the squad tomorrow. No bid of #THFC has arrived. #AVFC

Would be nice if true, draw a line under this, settle him down for a 30 goal season with us and let him go to Real for £60m next July.

Piece of piss this football lark.

Not to mention.. He will be on £20k p/w for next season! :D :D :D Bwahahahaha

Yeah I agree with the sentiment about Spurs.

They are a much better team than us, but they are also never going to challenge for anything unless something strange happens. They are going to win games, compete in the cups and finish around 15 points behind the winner (at best) of the Premier League. However, is that worth all this nonsense? Benteke, if he is that good, could have stayed here and then all the big clubs would come in and circle him. If he gave us 20 goals in the league next season, the big clubs would understand that he indeed is a brilliant player and not just a one season wonder. Man City are paying 20M for Alvaro Negredo, a kind of dull but very effective striker. Can he hack it here? Fits the profile of a player that will not, but let's wait and see. It's all about showing how good you are over a period of time, and if he spent one more season here it would benefit Benteke in the long run IMO. He could play for Man Utd, City or Chelsea in a year, but he will stay at Spurs for 4 years and never win anything, and his reputation will be much lower than it would have been compared to at those clubs. Would not be surprised if Lukaku was Belgium's main guy when the next season ends.

Going to Spurs? Not going to win anything more than at Villa Park. And if he wants to leave in a season then they are going to play hardball again, and we know they have a better team in that department compared to us. Benteke should wait for a better club, a club that can actually win things, instead of going there.

Like many have with Trent (of which there are some points I agree with) these are pretty much my thoughts.

Of course the ego of the top players, like a Benteke, Rooney etc. is just their presence moving to these clubs will make them move up a place or two.

That said there's no chance Spurs will finish above Chelsea now Mourinho is back there and even though both Manchester clubs will be weaker next season due to the managerial changes, again the winning mentality at both clubs is much more effective than Spurs.

So just leaves them and Arsenal again in a battle for 4th. Even though Arsenal are being painfully slow as usual in the market, I'd still expect them to sign 2-3 good players in this window.

I don't think Benteke is looking much further than next season tbh which suggests to me he won't be at Spurs long either. If he was he would realise Gareth Bale isn't going to spend the rest of his career there and will probably leave next season. So when Bale goes is it realistic to expect Spurs to just be up there fighting for top 4 every year (given they'll be redeveloping WHL during this period which will probably impact on squad strengthening and atmosphere at home games).

Tomorrow is the day to judge him as a person. If he is petulant enough to not turn up for training then even Belgian guy won't have a defence for him. ;)

I wouldn't be so sure about that...

;) only messing belgian guy

• Like 1

Â