Christian Benteke

Kwan

Could be that we are getting £22m plus a player. IF that is the case, I'd hope we get a good player not some cast off. I'd be disappointed if it was just £22m.

There is nobody Spurs are willing to let go I and probably Lambert would want.

Imagine if we somehow kept him and he scored another 19 PL goals next season . What's his value likely to be then ? £45m as a starting point ?

If we do somehow hold onto Benteke he will easily score 25+ Premier League goals next season.I base this on 2 key factors:

1. Benteke is World Class.

2. We will be a far better team next season.

He's a great player and will get better there is no doubt but he's definitely not world class.  I think this world class title is too easily thrown around these days for players

Spuds fan joey55 you'll never get recruited by MI5.

You are the worst spy I have ever known.

Did you not know that your name is displayed constantly in the community index & at the bottom of the thread as viewing this page?

It's not us who are under surveillance but you. :P

ps- are you being employed by the silent service? :crylaugh:

Take this message to your leader:

" **** off Daniel Levy" ;)

Why do you care so much about Joey and his actions on this forum? He ain't doing nowt wrong and you're starting to sound a bit weird. If he wants to lurk and read this thread then what's the big deal?

Jebus H.

• Like 1

If no acceptable bids come in by the start of the season, does Lambert freeze CB out altogether and let him train with the youth team  :lol: ?

If Helenius keeps banging them in, I'd be 100% behind the manager banishing Benteke from the team. He doesn't want to play for Villa. That should be enough to get him sat the **** down.

If he does go for 22 then Lambert must have a replacement for him lined up, can't wait to see em, after all Benteke was not his first choice last season, time to forget Benteke and move on,

Christian... you're just someone we used to know.

Totally bored of this whole "saga" now.

If an acceptable offer comes in, we should accept it and kick the tosser and his word removed of an agent out of the door, let the pair of fuckwits be someone else's problem.

No player is bigger than the club and I'm sure his replacement will be as good if not better. That's all I care about!

• Like 1

Reports are he's packed all his shit and won't be back.

What "reports" are these?

In the Mirror mate, so more than likely made up nonsense. 

If an acceptable offer comes in, we should accept it and kick the tosser and his word removed of an agent out of the door, let the pair of fuckwits be someone else's problem.

No player is bigger than the club and I'm sure his replacement will be as good if not better. That's all I care about!

I was with you right up until the bit in bold, I don't realistically think we will get anyone as good let alone better.

• Like 1

Reports are he's packed all his shit and won't be back.

Haha, so what, he's going to 'strike' against us as well?

IF this is true then I would now dump him into a corner of Bodymoor Heath on his own and tell him to train (or sulk there), but that he won't be going anywhere because he holds a contract with us.

He can't win this one. He's a petulant kid who's as thick as a stodgy turd - he needs to be taught a lesson. A year on the bench and a missed WC should do the trick.

• Like 1

I was with you right up until the bit in bold, I don't realistically think we will get anyone as good let alone better.

If there was someone "as good if not better" in Villa's price range, surely Levi would be tapping that player up instead of Benteke.

• Like 1

The club have already officially confirmed they intend to do that.

Imagine if we somehow kept him and he scored another 19 PL goals next season . What's his value likely to be then ? £45m as a starting point ?

I alluded to this very point several days ago. If we sell him for £22m-£25m then the purchaser will make another massive profit on him within a season and i'd rather that be us than Spurs or anyone else. 

Hard to be disappointed by £22 million if that turns out to be true. I know a lot of you disagree with that, but you can't say we didn't get value for the money we spent on him last year. He basically kept us up and then we sell him for over £20 million. That is good business, even if I would have preferred to hear him say "I love Villa and want to play for the club for as long as I'm, allowed", which isn't going to happen. 

I alluded to this very point several days ago. If we sell him for £22m-£25m then the purchaser will make another massive profit on him within a season and i'd rather that be us than Spurs or anyone else. 

Yeah, that would be awesome, but he is a guy that likes to throw his toys out and go on strike when he doesn't get what he wants. He wants London, and if he doesn't get it he'll stir up a shitstorm at least until the window closes and probably won't be back until it's dead certain that he isn't leaving. Then what?

Yeah, that would be awesome, but he is a guy that likes to throw his toys out and go on strike when he doesn't get what he wants. He wants London, and if he doesn't get it he'll stir up a shitstorm at least until the window closes and probably won't be back until it's dead certain that he isn't leaving. Then what?

It's a world cup year,  would he go on strike potentially costing his place in the Belgium team?

Edited by AVFCforever1991

Â