Christian Benteke

Kwan

The £25 million figure was given on Sky Sports News. I have no idea where they get the figure from....whether it's leaked out to them or something but I doubt it would have just been plucked from thin air. SSN are actually quite reputable in their reporting these days (not trolling!) beyond the hype the do report facts of matter, unlike the news papers.

I remember thinking it was odd when the reporter quoted the price tag, I believe it was specific info leaked to them by the club.

Edited by supernova26

If the 25m valuation isn't met he stays at Villa - simple. 

But there is no such valuation it seems - at least not one set by AVFC. In which case, how do you (or anyone else on VT) know what the club will or will not accept? Isn't it all just subjective opinion, with no factual backing?

Ok, you got us Glaston. We are going to sell Benteke to Spurs for £15m. 

Will you please go back to where ever you came from now?

We don't get shit money for our best players. £20m each for Downing and Milner and £18M for Young. All had less time on their contract than Benteke. If Tottenham think they are going to get one of the best strikers in the league for £15-£18M Then they're **** crazy.

Out of interest again, because I honestly can't recall, did any of Downing, Milner or Young put in a formal transfer request?

We don't get shit money for our best players. £20m each for Downing and Milner and £18M for Young. All had less time on their contract than Benteke. If Tottenham think they are going to get one of the best strikers in the league for £15-£18M Then they're **** crazy.

Out of interest again, because I honestly can't recall, did any of Downing, Milner or Young put in a formal transfer request?

Only Downing declared publically he wanted to join Liverpool, but I don't think he handed in an actual request

And there we go again. Tottenham thinking just because he put a transfer request in that he will go for peanuts.

• Like 1

Downing did for sure. no tsure abotu the others though.

Pretty sure Milner did

Only Downing declared publically he wanted to join Liverpool, but I don't think he handed in an actual request

pretty sure he handed in a transfer request.

to answer what i think glaston is getting at does anyone know what kind of money benteke has given up by handing in a transfer request?

i would argue that it makes very little difference to our valuation of him, certainly not £25m down to around £18m

in my mind £25m is about fair in terms of market value

I'm not sure its relevant either way. What I do remember is Gareth Barry going running to the News of the World and them having a two page interview with him saying how he needed to get out of Aston Villa due to wanting to move to liverpool. Over that whole summer Liverpool put in a number of bids, bleated to the press and you know what Gareth Barry wasn't sold as our valuation wasn't met and he stayed for another season.

I will guarantee you one thing Galston. Spurs don't meet our valuation they won't get our player. It is that simple and I would put good money on the valuation being 28 mil  + and way out of your mediocre clubs league.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

in terms of value you'd have to think carroll to liverpool is the yardstick. great season at newcastle breakign through scroign goals, physically dominating defences...

doubt we'll get £35m for him though.

This is what has happened.

Spurs want him

They tap him up

Leak stories to the press.

Tell his agent he can earn 3x the money.

They get the thumbs up.

PROBLEM the agent tells them we want 25m+

They cannot afford this and convince the greedy agent and naive Benteke to hand in a transfer request.

They tell Benteke Villa will panic and sell for 10m less.

They tell him this will assure a bigger wage.

He falls for it.

Spurs pile on media pressure for a week.

This culminates with the transfer request.

We don't back down and they shit themselves.

Now comes the stories how Benteke is worth the 15m and how we should feel so lucky, so happy and excited they - the mighty spurs want to buy him.

You know what Spurs fans? Here's the rub - I don't think you realise how good he is, or at least might be; he's worth £25m, he's worth a £100k a week - he's a class above the strikers you have at the moment. In all the talk of money over the last few weeks, one thing has become noticeable; not a lot of Londoners watched us play last season, I don't think you know what your club is bidding for.

• Like 3

You know what Spurs fans? Here's the rub - I don't think you realise how good he is, or at least might be; he's worth £25m, he's worth a £100k a week - he's a class above the strikers you have at the moment. In all the talk of money over the last few weeks, one thing has become noticeable; not a lot of Londoners watched us play last season, I don't think you know what your club is bidding for.

He makes injury prone defoe and headless chicken Adebeyawn look pony

The only thing he has against him is that it was his first season, but I can't see many players in the world scoring the way he did in a team battling relegation. A large % of the goals he scored he did on his own.

If they can stump up 17mil for Paulinho who is still a relative unknown quantity at football at prem level and can't be that awesome if no other club was in for him, then they can **** pay of 20 mil for Tekkers.

Â