Christian Benteke

Kwan

Just had a quick look on the Spurs forum and there was a thread asking what price they should buy Benteke for... astounded at the replies...

1. "I have to confess to being 50/50 over whether we should try to buy Christian Benteke or look elsewhere. "

2."Nothing. Don't sign him. We already have Defoe in the brainless striker slot. 

Would be a waste of money."

3. 8m? Not worth any more than that really. 

I'd round it to 10m if the opportunity was there I guess?

Crazy opinions!

The more I learn about this prick, the more I want him gone. "Villas choice is Chelsea, but he prefers a move to Tottenham, because he is not sure if he would be first choice at Chelsea, especially concerning in a world cup year". Prick you were and would have been first choice here, stop the bollox excuses, all we asked of you was one more year at least. You made your bed now lay in it!

Haha you believe shit from the Mirror like it's true. :D:D:D Seriously???

Just saw that its Kristof Terreur who I saying it. And apparently, to add, if Spurs don't come in for him then he will sign a new deal.

Making that transfer request was a BIG mistake.

• Like 1

Benteke doesn't seem to want to go to Liverpool or Chelsea because he's concerned he won't be constantly played.

Why on earth does he want to leave us then?!

Just read that the financial terms being offerred are significantly better than being offered by Villa.

Wages? 

**** it i'd pay Benteke 80k to stay here. 

Just had a quick look on the Spurs forum and there was a thread asking what price they should buy Benteke for... astounded at the replies...

1. "I have to confess to being 50/50 over whether we should try to buy Christian Benteke or look elsewhere. "

2."Nothing. Don't sign him. We already have Defoe in the brainless striker slot. 

3. 8m? Not worth any more than that really. 

Crazy opinions!

We call them 'Spuds' but really they are all just potatoes

Really hope that Benteke finds a great club who can provide him the great team mates he deserves. There's no telling how good he can become if he gets the right backing.

Thanks forever for saving us last season, Tekkers and all the best for the future.

Note to JAMAICAN_VILLAN. He is NOT a prick.

I understand what you are saying, but to be honest with you, I genuinely felt like had we kept this whole team together we could have gone on to things, its just MONEY and yes I understand a footballers career is short.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Aston Villa have made it clear that Tottenham Hotspur will have to break their transfer record for the second time this summer if they want to sign Christian Benteke. The Midlands club are determined to dig their heels in over Benteke's future, after the Belgian international submitted a transfer request on Monday, and they have no intention of settling for anything less than £25m.

Tottenham have tracked Benteke for months, and the player is understood to favour a move to White Hart Lane, where he would be guaranteed regular football, yet there are doubts about whether they will be able to meet Villa's valuation, especially after they spent £17m on the Brazilian Paulinho this month. One way to finance the transfer would be to include a player, possibly Jermain Defoe, but that sort of deal is of no interest to Villa, who will demand that Spurs pay the fee in full.

Randy Lerner, Villa's owner, is determined to adopt the same hardline stance that frustrated Liverpool in 2008, when Gareth Barry ended up missing out on a move to Anfield. Villa demanded £18m for Barry and refused to budge on that figure, forcing Liverpool to eventually concede defeat in their attempts to sign the England international, who went on to join Manchester City for £12m a year later.

Villa's position on Benteke, who has three years left on his contract, poses a major challenge for Tottenham. André Villas-Boas is desperate to recruit a top-class centre-forward, and the Spurs manager believes Benteke has all the attributes to succeed at White Hart Lane. Perhaps crucially, Benteke has also emerged as the most viable option for Spurs at a time when they have missed out on David Villa and, for a variety of reasons, are no closer to signing Leandro Damião, Roberto Soldado or Loïc Rémy.

Tottenham could yet face competition from Chelsea and Arsenal, who watched Benteke before he joined Villa from Genk in a £7m deal last August. In the case of Chelsea it is possible that Villa would feel differently about a makeweight if Romelu Lukaku, who spent last season on loan at West Bromwich Albion, was included as part of the package.

Should Benteke leave Villa, his departure will have no bearing on Darren Bent's future.

Villa remain keen to offload Bent whom Alan Pardew, the Newcastle manager, admitted is on a list of five strikers – which also includes Rémy – that the club are interested in signing. Wolfsburg are also monitoring Bent's situation.

link

He's guaranteed first-team football here. He might not make as much money, but he could easily make £60-80k pw at this club.

Edited by The_Steve

Really hope that Benteke finds a great club who can provide him the great team mates he deserves. There's no telling how good he can become if he gets the right backing.

Thanks forever for saving us last season, Tekkers and all the best for the future.

Not the first deserter you've defended on here.  ;)

• Like 1

You don't really know how good a player is unless you watch them week in week out. Like we knew how over rated Barry and Young were wheras the country thought they were England's best.

Spurs fans have no idea how good Bentake is.

• Like 1

Kristof Terreur knows Benteke so is likely to have decent information. Also people say that Spurs might not come in for him, what if they have? But not matched the fee? Transfer negotiations are rarely quick, especially with those idiots from WHL

Edited by AndyClarke

3. 8m? Not worth any more than that really.

Crazy opinions!

I think it is because he played crap in both matches against Spurs last season (missed an absolute sitter at WHL) and that is probably the only time most Spurs fans paid any attention to Aston Villa last year.

I very much doubt journalists know Benteke's hopes and fears.

They are just making guesses because this is the current big story and they need to post copy in time for tomorrow's edition.

Or James Nursey is being fed info from the club as he was the one to break the transfer request story. And now Villa are getting the word out through him to get things moving with Spurs to see if they are gonna stump up the cash.  Either way just hope its over quick, cant stand the thought of reading this shite about spuds and Benteke all summer.

Kristof Terreur knows Benteke so is likely to have decent information. Also people say that Spurs might not come in for him, what if they have? But not matched the fee?

That is likely, but what is unlikely is Spurs breaking their transfer fee record twice in the same window without selling Bale for an extremely high fee.

I don't even have a problem with Spurs but it doesn't make sense for them spending nearly £50m on two players, especially when their revenue wouldn't have increased dramatically.

Maybe Bentake saw our new signings in training and thought F this, I'm outa here!

I've seen a couple of these posts, but the tit hasn't even been to training so it's an irrelevant statement.

I was joking mate. He has seen Joe Bennett in training already :)

• Like 2

As it Spurs involved and Levy it wouldn't suprise me if it was him who advised Benteke's agent to hand in a transfer request.

Quite clear they don't have £25mil and they don't have buyers for players they want to get rid of.

If the yids want to keep villas boas they will have to stump up the money for Bentekke or someone similar. A few top clubs have boas on their Radar and Spurs will want to keep him happy.

Edited by HeyAnty
  • Like 1

Â