Christian Benteke

Kwan

Although I am extremely disappointed in Benteke we are not the naive innocent victim club people would believe - in fact we can be ruthless at times ourselves when it suits.

If you want proof that loyalty is a 2-way street, have a look at the way our club treats players who sign contracts in good faith only to be frozen out of the first team squad to encourage them to leave.

Or we only need to look at how Benteke came to join us

This is the way it is.

In-order to get into a position of not being a selling club, we have to be a buy to sell club in the first instance.

We arent bankrolled by a russian billionaire so we have to generate money some way to keep bringing in the better players on higher wages. Yes we have to sell our best player but as time goes by we will be able to hold on to more, sucess permitting

Edited by HeyAnty

Even Suarez has more class than Benteke as its being reported that he wont force a move away from liverpoo. disgusting

There's no suggestion Benteke is forcing a move away. He's simply handed in a transfer request, which we'll accept if our conditions are met. That's how football works, and until he actually starts acting up, there's nothing to suggest he's forcing anything. What he's done is making his desires known, it's up to us to either allow the transfer to happen or not.

You could argue that Suarez us actually being a dick, not handing in a transfer request, while seemingly giving interviews to Uruguayan media, praising Madrid, and complaining about his reputation in England.

Yes I'd rather Benteke did that.

Even Suarez has more class than Benteke as its being reported that he wont force a move away from liverpoo. disgusting

There's no suggestion Benteke is forcing a move away. He's simply handed in a transfer request, which we'll accept if our conditions are met. That's how football works, and until he actually starts acting up, there's nothing to suggest he's forcing anything. What he's done is making his desires known, it's up to us to either allow the transfer to happen or not

Yeah and imo that shows that he has no class and is a mercenery who couldnt care less that we gave him his chance and PL put great faith in him which imo was a big part in how succesful he has been over the last year. Since when is putting in a transfer request not equate to trying to force a move away?

It's requesting a move, the hint is in the title, the forcing will only come down the line, if it comes. Lots of players have handed in transfer requests, not ended up moving, and stayed relatively happily for another season. Only time will tell if he's actually going to act disrespectfully - I don't class handing in a transfer request as being disrespectful at all, but if he refuses to train, play or causes trouble, that's a whole different story

Even Sky Andrews the football agent was saying what Benteke has done by handing in a transfer request is down right disrespectful

When you have a football agent like him saying that you know he's a scumbag

Indeed. He has handed in a request in an attempt to lower the asking price, which indicates we clearly do not want to sell him. We clearly want him to stay another year.

I don't care who may or may not have been sniffing around 12 months ago. WE signed him, took the gamble on him, Aston Villa FC gave Benteke the platform he wanted. 12 months later he hands in a transfer request? Why? Because we quite rightly want to keep him or at the very least get what we feel is right for him and he's not happy with that. He wants for Christian Benteke, nobody else.

This move is low, even by modern day footballer standards. If he does end up staying (I think he may) then it will take a lot to forgive him... A hat trick at the Emirates may do it ;)

• Like 2

There's no suggestion Benteke is forcing a move away. He's simply handed in a transfer request, which we'll accept if our conditions are met. That's how football works, and until he actually starts acting up, there's nothing to suggest he's forcing anything. What he's done is making his desires known, it's up to us to either allow the transfer to happen or not

Yeah and imo that shows that he has no class and is a mercenery who couldnt care less that we gave him his chance and PL put great faith in him which imo was a big part in how succesful he has been over the last year. Since when is putting in a transfer request not equate to trying to force a move away?

It's requesting a move, the hint is in the title, the forcing will only come down the line, if it comes. Lots of players have handed in transfer requests, not ended up moving, and stayed relatively happily for another season. Only time will tell if he's actually going to act disrespectfully - I don't class handing in a transfer request as being disrespectful at all, but if he refuses to train, play or causes trouble, that's a whole different story

An official request is a move designed to force the club into action. 12 months into a 4 year deal, I'd call that dishonourable at the very least.

• Like 1

Yeah and imo that shows that he has no class and is a mercenery who couldnt care less that we gave him his chance and PL put great faith in him which imo was a big part in how succesful he has been over the last year. Since when is putting in a transfer request not equate to trying to force a move away?

This is it. He has signalled his intentions but he may not get the move he is looking for this season. If that happens and he gets his head down for another season then no big deal.

The worst case scenario is a club like spurs waiting till the last few days to put in a low bid and Benteke throwing a tantrum to try and secure a move.

Even Sky Andrews the football agent was saying what Benteke has done by handing in a transfer request is down right disrespectful

Indeed. He has handed in a request in an attempt to lower the asking price, which indicates we clearly do not want to sell him. We clearly want him to stay another year.

I don't care who may or may not have been sniffing around 12 months ago. WE signed him, took the gamble on him, Aston Villa FC gave Benteke the platform he wanted. 12 months later he hands in a transfer request? Why? Because we quite rightly want to keep him or at the very least get what we feel is right for him and he's not happy with that. He wants for Christian Benteke, nobody else.

This move is low, even by modern day footballer standards. If he does end up staying (I think he may) then it will take a lot to forgive him... A hat trick at the Emirates may do it ;)

I had a horrible thought just a few days back that Benteke could indeed score a hat trick on the opening day of the season........................For Arsenal against us :(

However, provided they have stumped up £35M for his signature I can live with that.

I think he will struggle to get 100k a week anywhere, he's only had one good season, have another at 50k a week he would probably get 150-200k easily and a top club.

Well he forced a move out of Genk like this so history shows that this is how he and his agent operate. I have no doubt that if it comes to it he will go all out to get his move. The best way to judge someone is on their past behaviour.

Lambert, Lerner and PF would have sat down and discussed all possibilities at the end of last season regarding CB. Lambert has always given me the impression he wont be raped in these situations, he knows how to play hardball so the fact we have stated we expect CB to be here next season indicates it will take a very large sum that will prize him away. I think 30m will be the minimum here.

• Like 2

I can only think of Defoes 24 hours after being relegated at worse. But maybe I'm forgetting.

Well he forced a move out of Genk like this so history shows that this is how he and his agent operate. I have no doubt that if it comes to it he will go all out to get his move. The best way to judge someone is on their past behaviour.

I agree many on here including myself were happy with the way he forced his way out of Genk as long as if it meant him playing in a Villa Shirt

However all of us on here did not expect him to have such an impact last season and do this to us after one god damn season...

If he stayed this season then **** off the next people wouldn't be as bothered be careful what you wish for i guess

If he does go i hope he has a complete and utter mare at least we will feel vindicated in selling him for a rediculous amount of money after only one good season. However if anything i seen glimpses of a player last season that could command fees of upwards of 30 million

Edited by AshVilla

I can only think of Defoes 24 hours after being relegated at worse. But maybe I'm forgetting.

Pascal Chimbonda had one in his socks at Wigan on last day of season

• Like 1

The fact it's a world cup year means Benteke can't afford to sulk if no bid is forthcoming. That's a big thing in Villa's favour in all of this. If he's still here in September then we will have a committed player on our hands because he can be sure that Lukaku will be doing everything in his power, playing at a higher profile club with a higher profile manager, to get into the Belgian starting line-up.

I had a horrible thought just a few days back that Benteke could indeed score a hat trick on the opening day of the season........................For Arsenal against us :(

However, provided they have stumped up £35M for his signature I can live with that.

Okore has got it covered ;)

Pascal Chimbonda had one in his socks at Wigan on last day of season

Chimbonda did rise though the Wigan youth system.

Â