Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

5 minutes ago, villianusa said:

He had another solid game at left back today. 

Yea he was basically the only bright spark. At right back he was attacking too much and getting caught out, but at left back he seems less confident constantly bombing down the field which is fine. 

Finally a thread for me to contribute, since I just don't want to add to all the negative.

Leandro has done surprisingly well at LB, but he really should change places with Hutton, or Clark should come in for Hutton. Leo needs to be crossing the ball to our strikers. He can also score occationally, so I hope he continues to start.

He is one of the few player who gets me excited when he's on the edge of the box, because I know i can expect a deadly cross or a dangerous shot. He can be poor at times, but he's one of the few players we have who can deliver that final ball and create chances and on that basis he should start every game as far as I'm concerned.

12 minutes ago, sne said:

Kind of a waste playing him on the left flank as he's then not able to cross the ball and thus wasting his only real talent

He crossed the ball on his left foot better than Hutton did with his right against Arsenal. I also think saying his crossing is his only real talent is harsh. He is capable of producing defence splitting passes and has excellent shooting technique as well.

I think it's a damning indictment of the quality of the rest of the first-team but I'm starting to warm towards Bacuna. He's a better left-back than Richardson, and when we buy/loan one in January he should move into midfield, at least he can, on occasion, do something unpredictable.