Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

I like his style of play. I also like the idea of sending lowton up instead of him as I feel he is better defensively. Hard to say though if he gets a run of games in the middle but he has been very impressive back there. Not so sure I would change that at all to be honest ,as having someone back there who could actually push up at times can be vital. We will see.

Great to have someone that can takes a free kick like that though, hope he can be our main man on set pieces as we have been missing that for quite some time

Nice surprise for me, I didn't think he'd be much better than holman

Why did you think this?? It can't be because they both played in Holland?

Also had to chuckle in Lamberts interview, when they said what a cracking run from Bacuna that led to him getting the free kick, and he said, nar not really, I thought he should have played Benteke in earlier!

Edited by villan_007

Also had to chuckle in Lamberts interview, when they said what a cracking run from Bacuna that led to him getting the free kick, and he said, nar not really, I thought he should have played Benteke in earlier!

Basically Holman came with a decent reputation from Holland, key player for AZ who were playing in the Europa league.

I can't even remember which team Bacuna came from but it didn't seem the fans there rated him that highly. When I heard he was versatile I just thought yep Holman squad replacement.

Like for like Lambert has done very well here for a million or two.

Basically Holman came with a decent reputation from Holland, key player for AZ who were playing in the Europa league.

I can't even remember which team Bacuna came from but it didn't seem the fans there rated him that highly. When I heard he was versatile I just thought yep Holman squad replacement.

Like for like Lambert has done very well here for a million or two.

Holman was a Mcleish signing so no surprise he was cack. Another good bit of business from Lambo though.

Only managed the highlights this week, and I've only just watched them.  There was an awful lot of adverse comment about his performance in the match thread, which doesn't seem to be justified at all by what I saw.

Thought he had a good game all through, and of course a free kick to die for.

Only managed the highlights this week, and I've only just watched them.  There was an awful lot of adverse comment about his performance in the match thread, which doesn't seem to be justified at all by what I saw.

Thought he had a good game all through, and of course a free kick to die for.

Bacuna was one of our most standout players for me, if not the most. Definite MOM. Even before he did that free kick. 

He is solid and pacey in defence, so he never got caught out, and he did well going forwards. I think the match thread is the worst place to judge a football match. The angst on there is hilarious. 

• Like 1

To think he made his debut against Liverpool and was shocking, to now being one of the better players in our team and having scored 2 world class free kicks along the way. Not to mention being brilliant at right back since he came in for the Norwich game. Hopefully he can keep this level of performance up for the whole of the season and doesn't start to drop away as the season progresses. 

To think he made his debut against Liverpool and was shocking, to now being one of the better players in our team and having scored 2 world class free kicks along the way. Not to mention being brilliant at right back since he came in for the Norwich game. Hopefully he can keep this level of performance up for the whole of the season and doesn't start to drop away as the season progresses. 

He has to. Lowton's right there waiting.

Defo should still be at right back with tonev in front of him

On what basis?

Bacuna was the best player on the pitch Saturday and was running the game (as much as possible) from right back, Lambert saw this and advanced him into midfield which gave him the platform and freedom to run at the defence thus earning the free kick and us the game.

I'm not saying he shouldn't play at RB but to say "defo should still be at right back" doesn't seem to make an awful lot of sense to me, particularly if we can get Lowton playing again and hopefully his contribution to the second goal and the win will revitalise him.

Personally, I think Bacuna should replace El Ahmadi in the next match with Lowton back at RB.