Nicklas Helenius (AaB)

SikhInTrinity

I wish the clubs would stop announcing their dealings with us.

It's in their interest though.

Get a bidding war going.

I know that but it seems a bit small time. Do we do that when one of our players get approached? Would it be possible for us to negotiate a NDA before putting in further offers?

Is he backup or a replacement for Benteke?

If he is backup great, if he is a replacement.. hmm, well i'll see how it pans out.

That said if we was to lose Benteke we should get a massive fee out of it and if we are looking at players like this and Okore etc I've seen enough to suggest Lambert is smart enough to replace players.

AAlBoRG: Nicklas Helenius' days in AaB seem numbered. AaB dealer for the Premier League club Aston Villa on a sale.
Director Lynge Jakobsen is Tuesday traveled to England to try to negotiate the final details in place.
Link

Someone on AaB forums:

Well, now that word is out, so can I speak out what I know. I know that Heartland received an offer last Friday on Helenius of 7.5 million. from just Aston Villa, but it was rejected. We must therefore have received a somewhat higher bid now, since the negotiation is in its crucial face. What bid is this time, I know I did not.

Edited by packoman

It must be really hard for the ITK's given what very little info comes out of VP as we always play our cards close to our chest that there really can't be much definite for them to go on. As always it is the potential selling club that sings like a canary & blab as if they are trying to outdo motor mouth Dave Whelan.

Well done Sikhintrinity for homing in on this latest potential transfer target.

Let's hope it comes to fruition & that we keep Benteke as well.

• Like 1

Villa in negotiations with Aalborg over Danish forward Nicklas Helenius. http://bit.ly/11ESdJu  #AVFC

Aston Villa can confirm that the Club are in negotiations with Aalborg BK for the transfer of Danish forward Nicklas Helenius.

The Club expects to conclude the deal, subject to a medical and personal terms, in the next 10 days
Edited by packoman

AAlBoRG: Nicklas Helenius' days in AaB seem numbered. AaB dealer for the Premier League club Aston Villa on a sale.

Director Lynge Jakobsen is Tuesday traveled to England to try to negotiate the final details in place.

Link

Someone on AaB forums:

Well, now that word is out, so can I speak out what I know. I know that Heartland received an offer last Friday on Helenius of 7.5 million. from just Aston Villa, but it was rejected. We must therefore have received a somewhat higher bid now, since the negotiation is in its crucial face. What bid is this time, I know I did not.

Tell me that's Kroner...

Link

Someone on AaB forums:

Sounds like it's close to getting finalised. I'm loving this summer! (despite the awful weather up here)

I think Wes mentioned him earlier and he sounds great

Is that their official site?

Edit: Dodgy music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RYJHjYqLQU

Yeah I did. Here is my post from the 23rd of May:

I mentioned Cornelius earlier today as someone who I think could play Benteke's role rather well. I'm kicking myself now for forgetting to mention this other Dane (in fact there's 3 or 4 stupidly tall strikers playing in the Danish Superliga right now), Nicklas Helenius of Aalborg.

22 years old. 6'5". He flashes good composure and placement with his finishing and for someone his size seems comfortable dribbling the ball at people.

Some stats:

12/13 - 16 goals and 7 assists in 33 games

11/12 - 14 goals and 8 assists in 32 games

10/11 - 5 goals and 4 assists in 29 games (17 as sub)

OYV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RT-L6UsP2c

Cornelius is the more talented of the two but this guy deserves to get some notice too. He has said in the past he would consider a move to England but would prefer a move to the Bundesliga or Eredivise, "unless a Premier League team showed genuine interest in helping him develop as a footballer." I think that sounds a lot like something we would strive to do.

• Like 2

So we're being linked to 3 Danes (Okore, Helenius and Cornelius) and 2 Bulgarians in Tonev and Popov.

Strategy or coincidence?

I like the idea of signing players in "blocks" like Inter & Milan did with the germans and the dutch back in the day as it in theory helps to settle at the club

Edited by sne
  • Like 1