Nicklas Helenius (AaB)

SikhInTrinity

a 40% goal return would be incredible if he plays WITH Benteke :)

(assuming Benteke keeps up his return too)

throw in Gabby keeping his end of season form and Tonev banging a few long rangers. drooling 

I think N'Zogbia will stay too, so we've him, Gabby, Tonev, Weimann, Benteke & Helenius competing for the 3 forward positions. 

Competition is always good. 

When he played last season, it was usually at the front of a 3 man midfield, rather than as one of the forward 3.

Thanks for the review and for your input, I do think £1.2m sounds really cheap for him.

Hadn't heard of Makienok before but just googled him and he's 6ft 7 ! What is it with Denmark and tall strikers at the moment ?

Much appreciated Aalborg BK. 

Sounds not unlike Crouch when he initially joined us. 

As a tall player, you'd nearly think it would be a given that they're decent in the air. But Crouch -in time- became a very effective player in the English top flight.  Not for us, unfortunately.  It was his move to Southampton that seemed to get his career going.

Doesn't sound like this is a guy who is going to come in and hit the ground running.  But patience is the key.  Unlike Crouch, he won't be coming in with the pressure of a big fee, so that's a bonus.

He'll most likely be a bit part player at first, with not a huge amount expected of him.  But in time he can hopefully grow into the role.

He only had 12 months left on his contract so the fee was always going to be lower than AaB would have wanted.

Several times Helenius have made it clear that he wanted to be sold this summer. He have refused to extend his contract, which of course with only 12 months left this summer, is having a negative impact on the selling price. It´s been a problem in years that Aalborg BK  are selling key players at low prices. Being located far away from Copenhagen players and the club itself, tends to get very underestimated by the Danish media which often is located in Copenhagen.

That also explains why the press are so busy praising Cornelius (playing at FC Copenhagen) despite having obvious weaknesses. Helenius is a better striker! 

Please don't compare Helenius to Crouch!!!

Helenius is not awkward on the ball. He can play some great passing and football.

Although Helenius might look like Crouch, he is a totally different footballer. Helenius is weak in the air, but are instead technically gifted and have scored some memorable goals especially from distance.

How good have the Danish and Dutch been at giving us information about their players?!? Several posters have been an absolute credit to their clubs.

I only hope we don't send Con on a goodwill mission to whomever we manage to sell Bannan to.

Please don't compare Helenius to Crouch!!!

Helenius is not awkward on the ball. He can play some great passing and football.

Although Helenius might look like Crouch, he is a totally different footballer. Helenius is weak in the air, but are instead technically gifted and have scored some memorable goals especially from distance.

I have said this, from the clips I have seen he seems more like a Tore Andre Flo type of player.

Thanks for coming on here and posting your insight.

Reading that I just remembered I was actually at Aalborg's stadium.. it must be almost 15-16 years ago. Hope you can turn it around and knock FCK of their pedestal.

Really looking forward to seeing him play. Going to be odd having a 6ft 5 player who can't head!

Maybe he'll catch a few mangers and defenders out by being more gifted on the ground than they would expect.