some good stuff on now for BF4.

Terrible players though :lol: to be expected I guess, but seriously, you got guys laying mines next to people and using hand guns from the top of the skyscraper haha

The next Sega? Atari? Commadore? 

I think they're burying themselves.. They'll have wasted millions of $'s on developing this thing and day by day, thousands of people are choosing PS3 over it...

I know Microsoft are a gigantic company and this is probably a drop in the ocean for them, but surely the customers switching over won't want to buy anything from them again unless whatever they do next is amazingly incredible? 

So, he's advising people to not buy his product? Great salesman...

I kind of sympathise, because it's an impossible position, all he could realistically have done in response to that question is say nothing at all.

Then I remember that he's the **** president of interactive entertainment at Microsoft, and this POS xbone is his responsibility.

I know Microsoft are a gigantic company and this is probably a drop in the ocean for them, but surely the customers switching over won't want to buy anything from them again unless whatever they do next is amazingly incredible? 

It'll make no difference. Gamers aren't really overly loyal to brands, they'll buy the best console available for the price. Seems like PS4 will be the pick this time, although I'll be interested to see the sales. I think the whole you have to be connected to the internet thing is blown out of proportion. Who's not connected to the internet, its not 1991.

It'll make no difference. Gamers aren't really overly loyal to brands, they'll buy the best console available for the price. Seems like PS4 will be the pick this time, although I'll be interested to see the sales. I think the whole you have to be connected to the internet thing is blown out of proportion. Who's not connected to the internet, its not 1991.

Must have been a great year :)

• Like 1

For me though, it's not that i'm not connected to the internet which makes it a problem. It's just the "what if my internet drops for a few days" thing which annoys me. Granted, I could easily setup my mobile as a wifi hotspot, and then connect the xbox to my phone so the xbox to authenticate against the Xbox servers.... but why should I have to do that just to play something I have bought? It's just a pain in the arse to be honest and seems wrong. 

I don't have a source but I remember reading something that 30% of xbox360 users don't have Xbox live.

That's a hell of a market share to leave behind

Oh my.   facepalm.jpg

And now they're playing whack-a-mole with the videos.

Anyone who attempts to contact their lawyers to send a takedown notice should be legally obliged to read up on the Streisand effect.

Live BF4 gameplay.

BF4

Every time I seem to go to watch this is adverts. Is it still streaming?

They're getting ready to stream again now. (It says rebroadcast but it's not)

Looks like it's on PC.

Edited by packoman

I'm always interested to see what online opinion really counts for in the real world. When these two get released it'll be a very good measure. 

Good interview on the PS4 here, a lot of questions answered. Looks like just the one plus account required per box and other pay services like netflix wont be ring fenced into the subscriber area like on a gold account.  :thumb:

http://www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/sony-s-scott-rohde-answers-your-burning-ps4-questi/1600-504/

I'll still hold fire for a while before getting one though, I'm sure there will be a couple of unpleasant surprises tucked away here and there and lets not forget the inevitable first release hardware issues that always arise. I was ready to step away from console gaming for good though and Sony have certainly brought me back into the fold, Microsoft on the other hand can suck a fat one.

Edited by flamingsombrero
  • Like 1

The FFXIV (online MMO rebuild effort) live play was good for a laugh. Group of guys went up against Ifrit (recurring foe/friend in the series for non-players) in a boss battle. First time they got, uh, 'pwned' by Hellfire and lost. Second time, same. Third time, they ran out of time. Hehe. :lol:

Edited by hogso

Â