From a DICE employee on the battlelog (BF3) forums;

'The demo was 100% live with all 64 players (plus the Commander). Of course the whole thing has been rehearsed a lot so we could present it the way we wanted it to, but nothing about what you saw was faked in any way. Every single soldier on the map was manned by one of the guys sitting behind the screens, playing the game on an actual running server.'

Yeah, there was a lot of things for dramatic effect, but it was still impressive. That's not even counting in Commander Mode which can be played in real time on a tablet.

The prospects of that has me drooling.

have EA had a good one since they announced dead space, mirrors edge and dragon age in one go?

I think you missed MGS didn't you chindie? the almost RDR stuff I that looked very good, really nice looking too, got a feeling though that the more they show of MGS the more the cutscenes and heavy story will start to sneak in

said earlier the big disappointment for me so far was the black tusk effective no show

What did EA announce in regard to Dead Space? I thought it wise when I heard rumours that they'd killed the franchise.

Just watched the Dragon Age trailer. Morrigan! :D I wonder if they will include her with or without child, and if so, import DA1/2 saves, or do a shitty choice thing at the start? Trailer didn't give anything else to go on though, other than enemies coming from the sky rather than underground

Is Ubisoft at 11?

Edited by hogso

have EA had a good one since they announced dead space, mirrors edge and dragon age in one go?

I think you missed MGS didn't you chindie? the almost RDR stuff I that looked very good, really nice looking too, got a feeling though that the more they show of MGS the more the cutscenes and heavy story will start to sneak in

said earlier the big disappointment for me so far was the black tusk effective no show

Yeah I missed MGS. I used to adore the series but I can't help feeling this might be a have that game that feels tired. And dumping Hayter is near unforgivable. But I'll seek the trailer out and hope it makes me feel like I did when MGS 1,2 and 3 were announced. It needs to be mad but in the right way...

I thought the BF4 demo was awesome. Yeah, was scripted... but who cares? They demonstrated the changes from BF3 to BF4 and it was enjoyable. The best thing i've seen so far by miles. Over the next few days they will be streaming real multiplayer action so... we'll see what it's really like then...

• Like 1

is it just me that if they had somehow managed to map the whole of America in to the game I wouldn't go street racing in Miami, id drive from Miami to Wyoming or something equally boring...

This.

Driving around Miami? Already done that in so many games.

Drive through the Appalachian mountains? Yes, please.

Yeah, The Division looked pretty swell - my reservation being, as with any MMO, would the gameplay and teamwork element have me going back for more over a prolonged period? Not sure. Such a premise and pretty setting seems almost wasted on an entirely online game, though

Â