Yikes, what a Microsoft burn! Well played Sony and Nintendo

Nintendo? The Wii-U is a total flop.

Yes, but as far as shitting on their customer, they didn't. That's the point. Their failure to sell to core gamers are a multitude of other stuff

Yikes, what a Microsoft burn! Well played Sony and Nintendo

Nintendo? The Wii-U is a total flop.

It WAS, right up to the point sales picked up immediately after the Xbox One conference last month. It's been selling quite well since then, and their Nintendo Direct in half an hour will only serve to make people want it more

Nintendo just revealed a Wind Waker HD remake. Looked great! Some nice ideas too with interacting with Tingle and a system where you can post messages/photos/drawings into a bottle, throw it into the sea and turns up in other people's oceans :)

Edited by nobler

The conference was a pre-record and to be fair, it wasn't as disastrous as I imagined it would be. The Wind Waker remake was a little bonus, which genuinely looks wonderful. The usual new Marios/Smash Bros etc made an appearance and for people that still like to play those games they looked pretty solid; Mario Kart 8 in particular looks pretty nifty, adding various gravity changes on courses/underwater - stuff to show off the system with. 

There's still nowhere near enough for non casual gamers but it was nice to see the new Bayonetta which looked excellent, having Platinum Games on board will certainly help them. I think people secretly wanted some form of Metroid announcement, which never happened, but all in all, I didn't see a console that was absolutely doomed, which I imagined beforehand - the press seemed fairly positive with Nintendo in general too. I do actually think the controller is a useful peripheral, with decent potential but just the absolute reliance on their exclusive characters and rehashes of previous games over and over is incredibly frustrating. 

It was pretty horrible in BF3, if I ever accidentally looked at the sun I wanted to rip my eyes out with my hands. There was a setting to reduce it on PC, though.

The interview with the DICE guy makes me want to cry. "The community reaction to 64 players is amazing", like they forgot they have an audience away from consoles.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

Â