Jores Okore

Jesperchr

Surley the point isn't whether he (Vlaar)  is injury prone or not - but the extent to which we missed him when he wasn't there. As it stands he is our only experienced CB - It wouldn't  cost much to bring in another senior CB - to take the burden of Baker and Okore (should he join)

Edited by smetrov

Vlaar isn't a sick note...

He had time out with 1 injury during this season. If a player broke his leg and missed the season, would you call him a sicknote?

He also missed games against Arsenal and Man. City in February as he had a "knock" in training.

Plus all the injuries he had at Feyenoord.

He had time out with 1 injury during this season. If a player broke his leg and missed the season, would you call him a sicknote?

He also missed games against Arsenal and Man. City in February as he had a "knock" in training.

You can say that again...

Edited by AVFCforever1991
  • Like 1

It was still the same calf strain that flared up as he tried to come back too early. He had two injury free seasons at feyenoord.

Anyway hoping okore is in this week, him and vlaar together would be solid. This guy doesn't need vlaar to hold his hand

Surley the point isn't whether he (Vlaar) is injury prone or not - but the extent to which we missed him when he wasn't there. As it stands he is our only experienced CB - It wouldn't cost much to bring in another senior CB - to take the burden of Baker and Okore (should he join)

Depends if you want the other experienced CB to be first choice or not. If he's just for cover then I would suggest he'd be an experienced CB, but also a mediocre experienced CB. If we wanted one of those, just extend Dunne's contract by a year.

I would say that, whilst Okore is still young, he's got experience of playing club, European and International football in those years. Were he to join, I would expect him to be in line to be a first choice player.

Edited by StanBalaban
  • Like 1

Nordsjaelland defender Jores Okore has revealed that he turned down the chance to join Chelsea in January. http://tinyurl.com/oefser6 

Interesting read, says he wants first team games so turned Chelsea down.

Also says he's willing to stay in Scandinavia for now to further develop and would then look to sign for a big team like Chelsea in the future.

Hopefully he's willing to come to Villa to develop.

So another player that will want out after a couple of seasons

Provided he helps us improve and we sell him for 10 times what we paid for him i don't mind

We either have players that are good, in which case they will want to move on to bigger things once they have proven themselves, or we have players who are average to poor who are not wanted by any top clubs. 

There are only two options, the first option is the better even if it means regularly losing our better players. 

• Like 1

So another player that will want out after a couple of seasons

Provided he helps us improve and we sell him for 10 times what we paid for him i don't mind

To be honest a lot of players, from abroad especially, are starting to cotton on to this way of thinking. It's actually a good thing for us, because a young man like Okore or even Belhanda will consider us over Chelsea.

It's the only chance we've got of breaking through the mire. If we can show we're the best place for those players to develop then we're in the game, Dortmund style?

Well it makes sense if you see it from their perspective, IE a good team with a lot of history that has a lot of focus on young players with a new trainer. Depends really on how well they are informed, you do start to wonder when things like benteke thinking we were in london comes up, or like how when venkys took over blackburn and they thought that they was a premier league team(okay that was not a player but it was the only thing my brain was telling me:P )

Meh, it's a tradition for Villa to have a CB with dodgy knees, it just wouldn't be right if we didn't have one. But hopefully those nightmare knee problems won't trouble him too much. Cross fingers.

You're making things up, since when has vlaar had bad knees??

It's a bullshit rumour that he is injury prone, started on here by people that don't rate him

Didn't Vlaar miss nearly two complete seasons with some knee issues?
Yep. Did his cruciate, then medial, then worryingly his cruciate again (hopefully not an indication of permanent weakness there). On a positive note Nistelrooy did his cruciate twice, second time because he rushed back, but it never caused him problems later on.

I love making this shit up, I've one hell of an imagination!

Yes I did think that when it was classed as a bull shit rumour you were making up.

i always see people bringing history up in this context, does it really matter? if i had two job offers i wouldnt priorities one above the other because they did something good twenty years ago. History dont mean shit for the players, it does for the fans which tend to be a bit more nostalgic, but i really dont see any player picking a certain club for its history, surley its the future that matters for them. The players, owners, the staff and everything else has changed, were not the same villa we were 10-15-20 years ago, in the same sense that in 10 years villa will look completely different from what it is now. If a team is shit now they are not going to be able to attract players because they used to be good.

this is not directed at you by the way vandaq, alot of people drag history into it, ive done it too and ill probably do it again hehe..

and if benteke doesnt even know what city were in, do you think he would have any clue in regards to our history? :)

That is fine. Yes, that is true but remember that each player looks at that individually. And you can start asking yourself that when you see all the hype surronding liverpool and the transfers they get. So history do play a part, for us not as much of course since we haven`t been really a giant force in the late years and we never was consecutively for a long time. And that was my point about benteke to begin with ;)  

Â