Jores Okore

Jesperchr

Basically it's a race between Tonev, Okore and 'another player' to be our first signing.

That's the goss. I heard it from a man, who heard it from a dog, who heard it from a small heath fan that sleeps in a bin near Lambert's house.

You're making that up.  No way could a Small Heathen afford the rent on a bin.

• Like 1

Richard & someone (sorry can't remember who) said it was a race between them :3 I'd like to know the "other player" 

Yeah I wouldnt get too carried away with this other player thing.

The MOMS facebook page said we are in for a young keeper from Norwich. These teasing "ITKs" are just regurgitating that.

Do we really need this guy? I mean, I welcome any young hot prospect being signed, if he's that good and available... But is a 20 year old CB what we need? I don't think so.

I think that's a really ignorant viewpoint

If the guy is 12, I couldn't care less once he can add value to the team

If it was all about age then lets get Paul McGrath back.

note: when I say ignorant I'm not making a personal attack - just that particular view. I'm not calling you ignorant, I don't know you! *hugs to everyone*

Do we really need this guy? I mean, I welcome any young hot prospect being signed, if he's that good and available... But is a 20 year old CB what we need? I don't think so.

Don't confuse what you want or what you think we need with what we actually need.
erm... Okeeey.......? Aren't we all just offering opinions on what we think actually need though?
  • Like 1

Richard & someone (sorry can't remember who) said it was a race between them :3 I'd like to know the "other player"

I posted it a little more vaguely, to stop those blasted press getting hold of it. But yeah, that's the gist.

Gareth.... You got me! :( I knew that story was too far-fetched

Don't confuse what you want or what you think we need with what we actually need.
erm... Okeeey.......? Aren't we all just offering opinions on what we think actually need though?

Absolutely. Perhaps indicate why you believe age to be the most important factor for a Villa defender.

Whether that was your intention or not, that's what you suggested!

Then welcome him. Or would you like a 29 yr old on 80k a week?

This kid is champs league ready - his age is irrelevant

How much you seen him play?

I don't think good older players necessarily command high wages all the time.

This guy may be an investment for the future. But unless he is regarded as a very hot prospect by Lambert, I think spending money on a LB or at least a more experienced CB might be a better investment.

I'm being pragmatic as I've never seen him play. He might be brilliant, but I'm just thinking 20 year old CB, really?

I've seen him a few times in champs league games, would walk into our side. But read the thread dude - plenty of people who have seen him play more than me, and plenty of information on him, instead of just dismissing him because you no nothing about him

Would be a great signing for us and again.....his age means nothing.

I'm not dismissing him and I take opinions of him on here as just that.

At the end of the day, all any of us can do is make a judgement on Lamberts summer shuffle after its done and all the players have played a few games. He might be brilliant, or he might be very rough, his signing might take money away from more important areas that need spending on, it might not.

I'm not dissing the player or the signing, I'm excited by it, but I'm being pragmatic, there are many ifs and butts but on the face of it a 20 yr old CB seems a bit of a luxury.

This guy may be an investment for the future. But unless he is regarded as a very hot prospect by Lambert, I think spending money on a LB or at least a more experienced CB might be a better investment.

I'm being pragmatic as I've never seen him play. He might be brilliant, but I'm just thinking 20 year old CB, really?

I've seen him a few times in champs league games, would walk into our side. But read the thread dude - plenty of people who have seen him play more than me, and plenty of information on him, instead of just dismissing him because you no nothing about him

At the end of the day, all any of us can do is make a judgement on Lamberts summer shuffle after its done and all the players have played a few games. He might be brilliant, or he might be very rough, his signing might take money away from more important areas that need spending on, it might not.

I'm not dissing the player or the signing, I'm excited by it, but I'm being pragmatic, there are many ifs and butts but on the face of it a 20 yr old CB seems a bit of a luxury.

As did a 21 year old forward signed last summer when we had Bent, Weimann and Gabby.

Absolutely. Perhaps indicate why you believe age to be the most important factor for a Villa defender.

Age is a major factor in football is it not? We appear to have an abundance of youth at CB, do we really need another? That's my note of caution on this rumour.

Age is a major factor in football is it not? We appear to have an abundance of youth at CB, do we really need another? That's my note of caution on this rumour.

Its a fair point if age was the only factor.

I agree we don't need another nathan baker or ciaran clark who is currently 20.

If we get someone who can improve the team and is only 20, then sign him up.

So really, age is irrelevent at this moment. "If he is good enough, he is old enough"

As did a 21 year old forward signed last summer when we had Bent, Weimann and Gabby.

Well, I think Bent was not in the long term plans, Baker and Vlaar and seemingly Clark are.

As did a 21 year old forward signed last summer when we had Bent, Weimann and Gabby.

Well, I think Bent was not in the long term plans, Baker and Vlaar and seemingly Clark are.

Exactly. But from our perspective Bent was in the long term plans last summer (and was probably still in Lamberts considering he started as captain)

So if Lambert is in for this kid, he has to be in the long term plans. I also expect about 80% of Lamberts signings will be intended as signings for next season. i.e. they will play and from his perspective, improve the team immediately.

This kid, if we are in for him, I would think is part of the 80%. Age is again, irrelevent.

If he fits Lamberts philosophy on building a young, hungry side and he turns out better than what we have...then yes, we want him.

Do you know a CB under the name of Varane?

He seems to be disliking your thinking a lot ;)

Okore is light years ahead of Clark as CB, and Baker. He might be even better than Vlaar, even at this point.

Plus he has more potential than any of them.

Edited by Alakagom

He had an interview and said that he was close to signing on January Deadline day to a club in the Premier League but decided against it.. as it felt rushed.

We did need a defender.. i wonder if it was PL?

Â