Younès Belhanda (Montpellier)

Wes

@Charles0fficial (Charles Waterworth @ Sky Sports, presumably)

Sources tell me Montpellier playmaker Younes Belhanda is in his way to Aston Villa.#AVFC

9:32 PM - 12 Jun 2013

Is it? Possible? Still? Perhaps? A tiny bit?

He has six followers, his skysports page doesn't exist and he is swapping retweets with another bullshitting "itk" indykailia.

Another hoax acount set up to back other hoax acounts, unfortunately.

It's looking quite likely that we were not actually in for him. We kind of knew it too I think, just their owner trying to start a bidding war.  

Have to admit, your view is the most probable, all available info considered. Which is too bad, he would have been the perfect marquee signing.

It's looking quite likely that we were not actually in for him. We kind of knew it too I think, just their owner trying to start a bidding war.  

Not happening. Move along

Have to admit, your view is the most probable, all available info considered. Which is too bad, he would have been the perfect marquee signing.

FFS we were never in for him. Lock this shit up.

AVFC has not said anything AFAIK. Matt Kendrick however believes we're not in for him, at least he expressed so much a few days ago.

Funny, because the quotes attributed to Younès Belhanda himself would make it appear very much like he had spoken to someone at Aston Villa.  This seems like the standard spiel from any  new signing:

"Aston Villa is a great club with a big history playing in the best league in the world, so let's see what will happen."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11677/8758075/Aston-Villa-target-Younes-Belhanda-keen-on-Premier-League-move

FFS we were never in for him. Lock this shit up.

AVFC has not said anything AFAIK. Matt Kendrick however believes we're not in for him, at least he expressed so much a few days ago.

Funny, because the quotes attributed to Younès Belhanda himself would make it appear very much like he had spoken to someone at Aston Villa.  This seems like the standard spiel from any  new signing:

"Aston Villa is a great club with a big history playing in the best league in the world, so let's see what will happen."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11677/8758075/Aston-Villa-target-Younes-Belhanda-keen-on-Premier-League-move

Why would he need to have spoken to someone at Villa to say that? It is a standard 'come and get me' plea from a footballer. He wants a move to the premier league but it seems like the only connection is that list of club the owner ran off. I think the asking price is too much for us, perhaps it will come down at the end of the window if he hasn't already moved clubs. 

Or the owner threw our name out wrongly and because of this someone asked the player about all the teams mentioned and this line was cherry-picked. Not happening.

Do Morocco play this weekend, with Belhanda now free to play?

If so, then it answers why its gone silent, but if its still quiet by the middle of next week then i think you may be right.

Im still hopefull :rolleyes:

• Like 1

As it seems all the rumours about him going to any club has gone silent. So I guess no other club were in for him either, right? There's obviously a reason it's all gone quiet and I don't think it's because he's staying at Montpellier. Probably not coming here either, but I still think we're in for him and the fact that it's all gone quiet doesn't mean anything. Untill he's gone elsewhere or the club officially says that we're not in for him I will have hope.