Younès Belhanda (Montpellier)

Wes

What did Paul actually say about big money signings?

"We have stripped it right back. We want players who are hungry. I look at players with character, not those who just want money."

I agree with you Richard, I wont write Belhanda off already with what has been quoted from him and Montpelier until he either goes to another club or signs an extension there.

Edited by samjp26

What did Paul actually say about big money signings?

What is the actual evidence that Villa will sign this player? Or for that matter, Villa are interested?

Because both his club and the player have been quoted saying so. Doesn't mean I think this will happen, i'm dubious, but i'm convinced we're in for him.

What's the evidence we aren't in for him? A piece from the Express & Star with no quotes?

• Like 1

Richard stop teasing them!  I wish I had your view on this transfer, I just dont think it will happen.

My view is fairly simple on this.

I would not be as quick or as definite as some on here at saying this is not going to happen,  it is over etc.

I think there is some mileage in it and I am not prepared to write it off just yet.  Does that mean it will definitely happen?  No and I cant say that just yet.  But it also means that saying it definitely wont happen is also not possible. 

From my observation of evens i'm still sticking to my opinion that we could see this lad sign for us in this summer's business.

Well I hope you are right. 

What is the actual evidence that Villa will sign this player? Or for that matter, Villa are interested?

Because both his club and the player have been quoted saying so. Doesn't mean I think this will happen, i'm dubious, but i'm convinced we're in for him.

What's the evidence we aren't in for him? A piece from the Express & Star with no quotes?

That's not evidence, that's you saying there are quotes out there!

If you do get them, I think you'll find he said Villa was a great club. Nothing about Villa bidding.

Chairman said we made an offer, along with approx. 5 other clubs. And since then nothing has happened...?

Kendrick reckons Villa aren't in for him now, so that would suggest we can't rely on the chairmans quotes.

So right now, there's no great evidence to suggest Villa want him. Perhaps they enquired and the chairman got a rush of blood to the head.

I think PL was talking about high wages not specifically high transfer fees. Benteke at £7m is quite a lot of money for a young player who was untried in the Premier League. 

Belhanda at £10-£12m is not beyond us at all!

I think we're in for him, but that he's using our name in order to drive up the wages he's been offered elsewhere. Yeah I'd prefer to go to the Premier League, but make me an offer I can't refuse...

• Like 1

Here

Transfer news: Montpellier president Louis Nicollin has put a number of Premier League clubs on alert by saying he would accept a bid of £10million for midfielder Younes Belhanda.

The Morocco international has been linked with Arsenal and Tottenham in recent months, while Nicollin last week claimed that Aston Villa had also expressed an interest.

The 23-year-old is widely expected to leave the Ligue 1 side this summer, and Nicollin admits he may be forced to lower his asking price.

“We’d need to get €15 million, but I’d settle for 14 or 12,” he told RMC.

Asked if he had received offers for Belhanda, he added: “From France, no, but from England, Germany and the United Arab Emirates, yes.”

That's not evidence, that's you saying there are quotes out there!

If you do get them, I think you'll find he said Villa was a great club. Nothing about Villa bidding.

Chairman said we made an offer, along with approx. 5 other clubs. And since then nothing has happened...?

Kendrick reckons Villa aren't in for him now, so that would suggest we can't rely on the chairmans quotes.

So right now, there's no great evidence to suggest Villa want him. Perhaps they enquired and the chairman got a rush of blood to the head.

The sooner you realise that Kendrick knows nothing but what the club allow him to know the better. You're forever saying Kendrick says, Kendrick says like he is some sort of football oracle, the guy knows sweet FA.

• Like 4

Lambert said not to expect 'big signings'. That's all he said. That could mean big fees, big wages, big 'PL experienced' names or generally big BIG names.

It's so vague that it's a weak argument, and reason, for us not signing someone like Belhanda.

I wouldn't even class Belhanda as big. Most people haven't even heard of him. I only know of him through FM.

What did Paul actually say about big money signings?

There's no evidence. But there are more reasons for than there are against.

Aye, left back and goal keeper and we're done. Get everyone in for pre season together and the new faces will give everyone a lift. Extra time to gel and hit the ground running.

I pray for Newcastle at home Stoke away, Southampton home for our opens fixtures. We can really get off to the right start. 

Lambert said not to expect 'big signings'. That's all he said. That could mean big fees, big wages, big 'PL experienced' names or generally big BIG names.

It's so vague that it's a weak argument, and reason, for us not signing someone like Belhanda.

I wouldn't even class Belhanda as big. Most people haven't even heard of him. I only know of him through FM.

Yeah, personally I think Lambert meant, 'don't expect to have ever heard of any of them', price being irrelevant.