Younès Belhanda (Montpellier)

Wes

It sounds too similar to the Coutinho situation.

He just doesn't fit the profile of the type of player Lambs would go for and the transfer fee and wages wouldn't fit either, not saying we can't afford him.

The club want raw talent and potential, or proven but inexpensive foreign talent unproven at prem level.

• Like 1

so guessing this was either a twattish rumour made up by some bored school kid on twitter or the club used it as a smoke screen to pursue the real target without competition interfering?

I dont understand why some think he is too expensive for Villa. With Helenius lets say we spent 11M. We spent 20m last season. If we offload Bent,Ireland, Given, Hutton and Bannan I definitely can see us buying a player worth 10-15M. Dont forget the new TV-money.

He just doesn't fit the profile of the type of player Lambs would go for and the transfer fee and wages wouldn't fit either, not saying we can't afford him.

The club want raw talent and potential, or proven but inexpensive foreign talent unproven at prem level.

Didn't the club come out and deny that rumour though

I agree with the majority in here that think this is just a load of crap and  we won't sign him

Its just wesley sneijder all over again

Didn't the club come out and deny that rumour though

I agree with the majority in here that think this is just a load of crap and  we won't sign him

Its just wesley sneijder all over again

True. But it seems that agents and even the club owners themselves will do anything to make money and pimp out a player they want to profit from.

I would love to see Belhanda at Villa, it would just be too much of a gamble to buy a player for 10 mil+ on potentially high wages, who could work out and flourish and increase in value, but will more than likely just end up another Makoun or Ireland.

For the record Lambert has never said he will only buy cheap players by the way

It's not about cheap players, these days transfer fees aren't the problem, it's player's fees that have spiralled out of control. Even if Lambert would pay Belhanda's fee, would he pay the wages to?

It's also been a very long time since we've bought a player from a position of strength and stability. Bent was arguably a signing to save us from relegation.

Balhanda's wages would be relatively low

I don't think anyone actually knows what he would expect wages wise.

If a player thinks they are worth of 10 mil, don't you think they'd thing they were worth high wages also? Not saying that is an exact science obviously.

If a player thinks they are worth of 10 mil, don't you think they'd thing they were worth high wages also? Not saying that is an exact science obviously.

The club value him at that figure, not he himself, either way if we doubled his current wages its safe to say he would be roughly on par with Weimann.

He's coming from France, they're paid buttons there in terms of what PL players are paid. Delfouneso probably makes the same as him as it is

He's coming from France, they're paid buttons there in terms of what PL players are paid. Delfouneso probably makes the same as him as it is

So why was Sissoko asking for 70k and out of our price range coming from that league?

Because Sissoko was out of contract in 6 months and therefore the bidding war was based around his wage, and not his valuation/transfer fee. I imagine that agents bargain for the fact that a club should be willing to pay a higher wage on a player, if they didn't have to spend any money on a transfer fee (or a pittance to bring him on 6 months early after the contract is already signed, a la Lewis Holtby and Spurs). That's not in play with Belhanda, because he has not only a full year, but 2 years left on his current deal. That removes a lot of leverage when it comes to bargaining for the highest possible wage.

Don't get me wrong, IMO we're not signing him, but I don't think that Belhanda wrecking the wage structure is the issue.

Edited by Caddy

Belhanda is currently on £35k so he will be asking for £50k plus a week.

Which although is high look at what we are getting rid of Dunne £55k Ireland £65k Bent £75k Given £50k.

I don't see it being a problem having 1 or 2 players on higher wages but we are never going to have the crazy spending we used to under Oniell because Lambert likes players to earn there wages, if they want a pay rise they must prove they are worthy of one.

Edited by Kenye