Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

Could do no worse than Benteke, Weimann, and certainly Sylla off the bench at the minute.

He can control the football, too many in the team can't right now.

Yes he could.

No he can't.

Could do no worse than Benteke, Weimann, and certainly Sylla off the bench at the minute.

He can control the football, too many in the team can't right now.

Yes he could.

No he can't.

No he couldn't.

Yes he can.

atomic-bomb-o.gif

[/VTdiscussion]

• Like 1

I really can't get how our new players are supposed to adapt to Prem football when they don't get any fuggin game time!

I don't think current results give us the breathing space and therfore the luxury of being able to bed a player in. This goes for academy players, and Helenius as well as Tonev.

• Like 2

I really can't get how our new players are supposed to adapt to Prem football when they don't get any fuggin game time!

I don't think current results give us the breathing space and therfore the luxury of being able to bed a player in. This goes for academy players, and Helenius as well as Tonev.

Exactly.

One question though, how many games do people think is enough to give a player to adapt to a new league in a new country?

Seriously.

Exactly.

One question though, how many games do people think is enough to give a player to adapt to a new league in a new country?

Seriously.

Tonev and kozak are been written off by some people already. Angel took nearly 6 months to settle and Petrov took 2 years to settle and he only came from Scotland

• Like 1

I saw good touches from Tonev where I haven't from other players ..

The likes of Weimann aren't doing that good anyway .. And some really bad ball decisions (not as bad as Tonev though lol) ..

People seem to give Weimann and even Benteke and Gabby chances because they saw there best ..

While Tonev didn't have confidence yet .. Helenius barely played !

I could only recall West Brom games and Man City game where Weimann had an excellent games ..

Gabby is having the most unfluence in our front three ..

Something need to change ..

Against Norwich I'd start :

Guzan ..

Bacuna .. Vlaar .. Clark / Baker .. Bertrand ..

Albrighton .. Westwood .. Delph .. Tonev ..

Gabby .. Benteke ..

Exactly.

Seriously.

Tonev and kozak are been written off by some people already. Angel took nearly 6 months to settle and Petrov took 2 years to settle and he only came from Scotland

The difference is those players showed glimpses that they would come good. Tonev looks useless and kozak looks like a slow shit target man.

I think the main problem with playing Tonev, no matter what you think of his ability, is that the other players don't seem to trust him. After his first few games and he got a little settled, he started making good runs behind the defence or would be free on the wing and the other players would look towards him, have a bit of a think, and then turn back inside and not pass to him. Which often meant he'd be out of position if the ball was then lost and the shape of the team would fall apart a bit. And I don't think Lambert would really play Tonev and then tell the rest of the team to ignore him if he was wide open.

He could have turned into Ronaldo for all we know, but if the players won't pass to him, what's the point in playing him?

no they didnt, Petrov was appalling at times and never looked like getting with the pace of the league. am sure he was even boeod by own fans at one stage.

You must have forgot his debut.

no i didnt but that was 1 game in 2 seasons? 

Kozak has 4 goals in 14 games and you wont give him a chance  :crylaugh:

no they didnt, Petrov was appalling at times and never looked like getting with the pace of the league. am sure he was even boeod by own fans at one stage.

no i didnt but that was 1 game in 2 seasons?

Kozak has 4 goals in 14 games and you wont give him a chance :crylaugh:

Yes hilarious. Good one.

Exactly.

Seriously.

Angel never really settled in did he? Had one good season in terms of goals in a season we had a good team, but otherwise struggled and ended with 44 league goals in 175 games. That's not even close to being good enough when you are the most important striker. Petrov might have taken two years to settle, but he was never a great player either. A great person and someone we all hold very dear because of his character, but let's not pretend he would have hacked it at a better club. He came here as an attacking midfielder, but struggled to get a hold of the tempo and ended up as a controlling midfielder. Besides, which club can wait two years for every player they sign? If that was the case then we would have relegated a long time ago, change is vital when players aren't performing. Petrov did play decent before he came into the role he played for the reminder of his career, and that's the big difference with him and let's say Tonev and Sylla.

Kozak might be OK in the end, but his obvious lack of tempo and touch seems enough for me.  Might be a decent squad player, which I think was the intention all along. Tonev however, is one of the most woeful players I have ever seen at this club and that says a lot. Holman was torrid to watch as well, he had lots of guts and running in him, but it was quite obvious that he was covering for the lack of the most important thing; footballing ability. Tonev is even worse, he doesn't possess one ounce of tactical nous, he doesn't know how to defend properly or cover his area. He has some pace and he tries to whack the ball from 50 yards (which might eventually turn into an asset), but I guess Usain Bolt could do exactly the same and still suck.

Not many players this season can hold their heads up high and say they've been any good.

if you averaged a performance per player you might get

Guzan - 7
Vlaar - 6.5
Luna - 4
Bennett - 4
Clark - 5
Baker - 5
Betrand - 6.5
Bacuna - 6
Westwood - 5
Delph - 6
KEA - 5
Gabby - 5.5
Benteke - 5.5
Weimann - 4
Albrighton - 6
Okore - 6
Herd - ?

Sylla - 5
Tonev - 4
Kozak - 6
Holt -  ?
Helenius - ?
Steer - ?

Mostly dobbins

• Like 1

I would go as far as to say that Petrov's debut against West Ham was the best game he had in a Villa shirt!

Â