Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

His movement off and with the ball is quite good. He certainly never looks like a bystander, even if it does'nt always come off. The temptation to fire at any opportunity has obviously been reined in, but I reckon theres goals in him.

I'd like to see him given more game time.

I remain a Tonev fan boy.  I think he has that air of a player who is just going to explode into form once he gets going. I have no evidence to point to, just an irrational belief he is going to be massive for us.

Pretty much where I am too :)
  • Like 1

His cameo on sunday was promising - I'd start with him at the Toffees and see how he does and use Andi as an impact sub.

Yes, Weimann looks like he is coasting atm, start him from the bench on Saturday and start with a front three of Tonev, Benteke and Gabby.

• Like 1

When I see Tonev play I think Christ, should have kept Bret Holman.

Sorry but Holman was terrible, he could run about like a headless chicken but couldn't pass to save himself, Tonev has potential and (Yes I'm a fan boy) in my opinion will get some starts soon, he deserves a chance!! Also looks to have calmed down a bit with the shooting!

Holman had zero footballing ability though. Not comparable at all.
Nah, Holman was decent, good engine and direct, I liked him. What was it 3 assists and a couple of goals? Not bad for a bit part player in a struggling side. He needs to have his head read for moving to Al Nasar though, what a waste. He could be playing around the championship and premiership but I guess he saw the $$.

Aaaanyway, back to Tonev.

What a load of rubbish.

Not sure it's rubbish at all.

On first impression I can see where EA is coming from. Tonev has been in his limited appearances as erratic as Holman but in his cameo against Spurs you could see potential just as we did in a few of Holman's earlier appearances.

It a question now whether Tonev can make the step up from mediocrity which Holman couldn't.

What a load of rubbish.

Not sure it's rubbish at all.

On first impression I can see where EA is coming from. Tonev has been in his limited appearances as erratic as Holman but in his cameo against Spurs you could see potential just as we did in a few of Holman's earlier appearances.

It a question now whether Tonev can make the step up from mediocrity which Holman couldn't.

It is rubbish - holman was 29 and he was never going to improve.

Tonev comes in at 23 and a reputation of being a good young prospect with good ability with a deadly strike with both feet, he can grow and adapt to premier league life and improve. Holman was never going to get better.

• Like 4

Â