Sky TV packages

Pongotastic

Thanks for all your help @Kingman, got a great deal thanks to your advice (no credit, but I'm happy enough) and more importantly it's earnt some brownie points with the good-lady-her-indoors (which'll make up for the fact that 80% of the time there's football on the TV!) - now to convince the GLHI that Sky Q is a worthwhile investment!

And not to seem a swot, but yeah, consider it done!

On 24/08/2016 at 22:41, Kingman said:

Happy to help all members and lurkers anytime, 

Think it would be a lovely token gesture if any small tips of mass savings/suggestion could be tipped towards Limpids admid and the proactive and reactive Mods contribution to the up-keeping of the site time and helping save hundreds of ££££££ for threads like this being possible to view.

Just a thought.

Every little helps. 

On 10/13/2016 at 19:12, Kingman said:

Up to 60% off deal is live on MSE.com and needs to be ordered by 21 October.

Either:

The Complete bundle (incl sports and movies), 1TB Sky Q box – £30/mth + £15 set-up (norm £80/mth + £15 set-up)

Or

The Complete bundle (incl sports and movies), 2TB Sky Q box + watch in 2nd room – £42/mth + £60 set-up (norm £92/mth + £60 set-up)

Both on 12 month contracts

Hit the link up to see the Ts&Cs and get your code 

Did something similar few months ago for mine just changed lead account holder to missus name and canceled existing contract in my name even kept the existing bank details. 

This gives you the code so worth a punt to see if will accept the address if your out of contract and considering Sky Q.

Righto,tried this and got a code.Been with them for about 12 years,do they still need 31 day cancellation or can I cancel immediately?

What's the best deal for new customers at the moment?

I've Introduced a friend (mother in law) so we get £100 each but I'm not seeing a lot in the way of offers. All she wants is to be able to record normal TV, evening & weekend calls and unlimited broadband.

Just a quick update.

Tried online chat on 3 occasions on Friday and the best offer I could get was 50% off TV which I already had through the service app.

Phoned them up to see what I could get including multiroom, I was told I could have 50% off but not if I went for Sky Q as there are currently no discounts on that platform.

Tried again to sign up for the MSE offer and had to use my wife's maiden name to get it.

Sky need to standardise what they offer to customers on both online and phone agents give out rather than the lottery it has at the moment.

1 hour ago, mykeyb said:

Just a quick update.

Tried online chat on 3 occasions on Friday and the best offer I could get was 50% off TV which I already had through the service app.

Phoned them up to see what I could get including multiroom, I was told I could have 50% off but not if I went for Sky Q as there are currently no discounts on that platform.

Tried again to sign up for the MSE offer and had to use my wife's maiden name to get it.

Sky need to standardise what they offer to customers on both online and phone agents give out rather than the lottery it has at the moment.

I dont think there are many deals on that just yet. To be honest my mates got it and he said barring having the programmes on your devices it isnt really worth the money 

1 hour ago, villarule123 said:

Managed to get broadband, all TV with Sky Q apart from sports & movies, phoneline for £26 a month for my mother in law. 

Great deal! 

Is that as a new customer?

Our BT broadband contract is up soon which the mrs has been paying slightly more than that just for the boradband and line rental.

1 hour ago, villarule123 said:

Managed to get broadband, all TV with Sky Q apart from sports & movies, phoneline for £26 a month for my mother in law. 

Great deal! 

That is a great deal mate, especially if she doesnt watch sports. I had the films before and tbh pointless. Same films over and over 

So I got my Sky Q installed today. I didn't realise that the mini box upstairs would be connected via Wifi - does this mean that when I watch stuff it will slow down my internet on my laptop etc?

My internet is awful (4mb) and I can tell straight away when someone is streaming/downloading.

53 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

So I got my Sky Q installed today. I didn't realise that the mini box upstairs would be connected via Wifi - does this mean that when I watch stuff it will slow down my internet on my laptop etc?

My internet is awful (4mb) and I can tell straight away when someone is streaming/downloading.

Nope,

Your main Sky Q box will watch the channel via satellite and then stream it to your minibox.

Everything you do on your minibox will actually be done on your main box, but the main box streams it to the minibox over your local network.

Edited by PieFacE

60% off come back to sky 

https://secure.sky.com/mysky-comeback/choose-bundle?offer=discount 

If that link don't work use this one 

https://secure.sky.com/mysky-comeback/index?DCMP=dmc-sky.com-ec-SSWB-1617wk10_13MIT 

Same crack as over the last few pages, Cancel existing HD package then use this new link to get the % discount applied to HD package. 

Once discounts are applied then upgrade to Sky Q carrying over discounts. (If you want Sky Q)

20 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Am I right in saying when you have sky q you can store it on tablet/phone device then you cAn watch being offline without having to have 4g or wifi?

does that mean you can use it on a plane?

Yup, just as you would download a movie on a tablet or iPad. 

You can watch live tv and record it, you just can't access your planner to watch your pre-recordings. 

On 23 October 2016 at 14:48, villarule123 said:

What's the best deal for new customers at the moment?

I've Introduced a friend (mother in law) so we get £100 each but I'm not seeing a lot in the way of offers. All she wants is to be able to record normal TV, evening & weekend calls and unlimited broadband.

Several packages available with free 32' Samsung TV's

http://www.sky.com/shop/sky-bundles/?s_tnt=80836:29:0&affiliate=true&DCMP=afc-726845 

and here 

http://www.sky.com/shop/offers/12months/75/sab?DCMP=afc-726846&affiliate=true

Edited by Kingman

Posting this again for people new to the thread, still works.

you have to cancel via phone on 03442 411 653 before following these steps

how to get sky cheap after ringing up, cancelling and ignoring ALL offers given to you on the phone

1) click this link

2) copy and paste the following, delete the multiroom part if you don't currently have it..or leave it and see if they'll give you a multiroom install for half price

Hi, I've had a letter offering me 60% off, £50 account credit and half price multiroom if I rejoin sky, I'd like to accept this offer on a monthly rolling contract please

3) They usually say great I'll see about adding this for you, if they say the deal isn't available but we can give you 35% etc, just say no it's ok I'll keep my cancellation

4) End chat politely, taking note of the person you have talked to

5) click the link above again, copy and paste exactly the same again unless it's the same person, if it's the same person just end chat to avoid looking silly

6) repeat until you get the 60% off, £50 credit and half price multiroom

7) do not give up, do not accept less than 60% off, you have 31 days from cancellation notice to get them to add it before your sky will be deactivated so don't panic or accept anything less

• Like 1

Thanks Kingman.

I have finally  given notice on my existing 50% deal as I complained about all the SKY Q new customer deals and existing customers being shafted even with discounts.

Will give the 60% off deal a whirl and if successful will upgrade to Q once activated.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mykeyb said:

Just a quick update.

You could take the % off offer then upgrade to Q online once they have been applied and the discounts will carry over.

Â